Hi from me

Headhurts

Hi

My name is headhurts. Im 34 years old. As a teenager is struggled with weight. I was between 11 and 13 stone. Im very paranoid with my weight. I suffer from mental health issues also, which doesn't help. For the last 4 years I have been between 8 stone 2 and 8 stone 6.

Since February I have been 8 stone 8. I know a few lb. doesn't sound much, but it is to me. I fear that being over 8 stone 7, I am heading for 9 stone and so on. I have been eating what i like but counting the calories and trying not to go over 1000. I have enrolled at a gym and also use the exercise bike at home. Every other day for the past 2 week I have lost between 600 and 1200 calories. But I am not losing weight.

I feel a failure, ugly and fat. My stomach is very bloated. I just want to lose half a stone, but its not happening and i don't understand why.

Welcome headhurts, just wanted to say hi, it sounds like you are at a plateau, have you tried having something different to eat to mix things up abit, or same with exercise, do you do weights/resistance training or intervals. And then sometimes you need a few rest days so your body can catch up. I'm sure there is lots of other things people could add. I have a mental illness as well it gets in the way for me too.

Good Luck

Thank you for your post. Maybe what I need is a rest from exercising, but I feel a failure if I do. I look in the mirror and think how disgusting I am. But maybe you are right, maybe I do need to let my body catch up.

Back