• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Induction Hi i am going to give atkins a try!

I been looking into atkins and am going to start tomorrow, any advice would be appreciated. How much cream and which type can I have in my coffe per day. Also I'm confused , do I have to stay away from bacon and ham because of the nitrates. Sorry, also which mayonnaise should I buy?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

stmcalee01

S: 13st2lb C: 13st2lb G: 11st4lb BMI: 31.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi. I've just started too. My advice is to get organised for the first few days. I didn't and it is hard!

Kat1e

This is for life
S: 17st8.9lb C: 12st12.8lb G: 12st6.2lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 4st10.1lb(26.77%)
Read the sticky - so you are thinking of starting atkins - all the info you need there. Ideally read the book - very useful to understand the whole process.

Most people dont worry about the nitrates
Several full fat mayos ok like helmans - there is a sticky list of brands of food that are ok - take a look

Good luck!

boggins

Silver Member
S: 20st0lb C: 17st13lb G: 13st13lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 2st1lb(10.36%)
They are at the top of the Atkins page here, the first 7 or 8 threads you can see. One's called "So you're thinking of starting Atkins".

EDIT: Why does that link say it twice?? Weird.

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 24st11lb C: 19st9.5lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 48.8 Loss: 5st1.5lb(20.61%)
Morning and welcome to you both :)

I use Oak Lane full fat mayo from Tesco - think it's about 0.2g carbs per 100g -but as Katie says, read the sticky on the shopping list, there's lots of ideas there :)