• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hi I am new

newlifenow

Hi guys,

Id just like to introduce myself

I started Atkins today, i am just under 15 stone and im 5ft 5. I have tried every diet in the book and i lost lots of weight on Lipotrim and it totally messed my body and my head up. I feel ready to do this finally.
I would like to loose 6 stone. When i started dieting i was horrified i was 13 stone, its hard to believe im now almost 15 stone and talking about wanting to loose 6 stone but thats my reality. I know ill be chuffed when im under 14 stone so im not going to worry about getting 6 stone off, when ive two gone i know ill feel amazing.
At the end of my first day and i feel like vomitting and ive a headache so i guess i didnt drink enough water. Looking forward to getting into Ketosis. I know i felt awful getting into Ketosis and i cant really afford to be ill this week so what are your tips for an easier transition.......

Thanks

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

shellsmithcat

Silver Member
Hi and welcome - as you probably know the water is most important thing also make sure you don't go more than 6 waking hours without eating even if it's just a piece of cheese or some slices of ham. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

tazbabe

Gold Member
hiya. i know just how you feel about the amount to lose, i have lost almost 2 stone so far, and another 6 to go, its a scary thought!

welcome to atkins, like you i have messed with other things, foobarred my metabolism big style, but atkins worked for me, initially very well, but have been stuck for a while, trying hard though!

Alpaca

Gold Member
Hi and welcome.. I've got shed loads to lose too - probably 7 more stones -have lost almost 5 st so far - so I know how daunting it is! Lol

Good luck :)

Kat1e

This is for life
Hi and welcome. When i started this journey, i really just hoped to lose one or two stone so i was fat but not struggling. It has worked so well that i am feeling better than i have in 15 years - still cant really believe it:) My current target is still above a "healthy" BMI. Perhaps one day i might even try a little lower - but anything off is worth it:D

boggins

Silver Member
So glad to read all these comments!

For years the sheer amount I had to lose was enough to stop me
even trying. I've set my goal at 14 stone so I'll have a BMI of 29.8- just under the "obese" category*. In my heart I'd love to lose another stone and a half on top of that, and be around 27 BMI, but I don't even dare hope for it. Not at all interested in being a size 10 or being in the so-called "healthy" BMI range. 14 stone is lighter than I've been since my teens! It will DEFINITELY do! :D

*I also set it at 14st because that's a total of 97lb- I couldn't face the idea that I had more than 100lb to lose! Too daunting- I just never would have started.