Hi i`m back again lol

wow great news roch xxxxx

sorry to hear about the sciatica hun take care xxxxx

Roch that is just brill news am soooo happy for ya!!!

This time next year you will be a new woman !!!!

love

Wow absolutely fantastic, just under 18 days to go, so pleased you put a countdown tracker on.
HMMMMM wonder where the balloon went then, do you think you could have passed it.
So pleased you are getting it done, hopefully your sciatica will ease too as the weight comes off.

Woohoo roch :p

Brilliant news, soo pleased you felt positive vibes from Mr H, as that makes such a difference :p

Good luck to for your liver shrinking diet!! do you have to go back to see Mr H before the 8th May, so they can see how much your liver is shrinking???

Hope your backs not playing up so much..

take care of yourself girl
love
geri
x

Hey Roch :hug99:

It's lovely to see you so upbeat about things hunny :D & your uncle sounds like a real life fairy godfather - he obviously loves and cares about you very, very much.

I wonder what happened to that balloon? It seems weird that it has disappeared, maybe it came out with a number 2? LOL.

Anyway, really good luck with the op and this time next year you will be slim and sexy & feeling completely fab. Look at Sharon Osbourne, she's had the op and looks wonderful :)

Flaming disgusting that the NHS aren't funding your op though :mad: xxxxx

Wonderful news Roch and all the best for the 8th of May!

So very happy for you!:vibes:

Love Mini xxx

BLIMEY ROCH!!

Turn my back for 5 minutes and when i turn back u r all booked to have a bypass!!

wow how fab is that?? I have to go get the kids now but will have to come back later and read what uve been upto for the past month while i havent been looking lol.

xxxxx

Hiya Roch

Sorry to hear your sciatica is really bad again, but great news on the op, it won't be long. glad you liked your consultant, will help put your mind at ease if you feel like you're in good hands.

Great news, hope the pre-op diet goes ok.

Take care

xxx

Dearest Roch:)

I can well understand the emotions you are going through right now as its not s long ago I was at the other side of the procedure and although I would never admit to my family etc I was terrified:eek:

As you know I've never once looked back and even feel a lot fitter after only 5 weeks post op, I know its a daunting time and my best advice is to try block out the fear...everytime it pops in your head think of how fantastic it will feel going into a high street store and firstly knowing they will have something to fit you and secondly being able to choose exactly what you want to wear as oppossed to buying anything that covers you up.....this really did help me, besides 18 days will fly by believe me;)

I hope you're feeling better real soon.

Lots of love

wow Roch, just read your incredible news. Now, you know me.. and I'm going to have to say it... STICK TO THIS DIET!!!!!! you MUST stick to it this time my darlin'. it's way too important now to mess this up. It may be hard but it will be SO worth it and in just over a fortnight you have the opportunity of a lifetime ahead of you and a brand new beginning.

I can hardly imagine how mixed your feelings must be right now and just want you to know that you have my support and love and that you have my number, and if you want to talk, just pick up the phone.

Stay strong, write letters, get done what you can at home to make sure that life is as easy as possible for you after the op.

A few days ahead of you to think about things and start planning for your new lease of life hon xxx

Blimey 8th may will be here sooner than u know it xxxxx

ok im back. just wanted to say I think this is a fantastic opportunity for you and I really look forward to seeing all the amazing changes that are ahead for you.

you must be scared, i know i would be but this is the fresh start u have been wishing for and i for one am dead excited for you. dont suppose uncle wants to get me done as well? no? ah well :( just a thought lol.

im sure u already know we r all thinking about u and at the ready to reply to any stresses and worries or excitement that u want report!

Im so so happy for you and cannot wait until mid-may to see a happy,positive, post op Roch :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx

Roch,
I am thrilled to hear your news.
I'm so happy you decided to go ahead, this truly is a fresh start for you and you'll be happier and healthier and hopefully pain free :)
Love Kitty xxx

Roch hun,​

I am so very happy for you, this is just the opportunity you need to get ur life back!​

Your uncle sounds fab, it must be like having your very own guardian angel!​

Good luck hun, I just know that this time next year you will be riding high, you will have lost most (if not all) of your excess weight and will be living the life you want ... I am so pleased that you are finally getting the help you need, and I know that it will be one of the best things that has ever happened to you!​

Best wishes xx​

I am excited and anxious for you Roch. I feel enormous sympathy too for your terrible back pain. It is SO debilitating. Try and rest as much as possible (!) yes, I know it just isn't feasible most of the time!

Can you imagine how you will be feeling one year from today? How much weight you have lost, how your other aches and pains will have reduced. How you will be busy planning for your brighter future at last....;)

What fantastic news!

Hope you're not in too much pain with your back.

Hugs

wow great news roch xxxxx

sorry to hear about the sciatica hun take care xxxxx

Roch that is just brill news am soooo happy for ya!!!

This time next year you will be a new woman !!!!

love

Wow absolutely fantastic, just under 18 days to go, so pleased you put a countdown tracker on.
HMMMMM wonder where the balloon went then, do you think you could have passed it.
So pleased you are getting it done, hopefully your sciatica will ease too as the weight comes off.

Woohoo roch :p

Brilliant news, soo pleased you felt positive vibes from Mr H, as that makes such a difference :p

Good luck to for your liver shrinking diet!! do you have to go back to see Mr H before the 8th May, so they can see how much your liver is shrinking???

Hope your backs not playing up so much..

take care of yourself girl
love
geri
x

Hey Roch :hug99:

It's lovely to see you so upbeat about things hunny :D & your uncle sounds like a real life fairy godfather - he obviously loves and cares about you very, very much.

I wonder what happened to that balloon? It seems weird that it has disappeared, maybe it came out with a number 2? LOL.

Anyway, really good luck with the op and this time next year you will be slim and sexy & feeling completely fab. Look at Sharon Osbourne, she's had the op and looks wonderful :)

Flaming disgusting that the NHS aren't funding your op though :mad: xxxxx

Just a quick one Roch. Fantastic news about the op, I'm so excited for you.:D You really will be a changed woman next year both physically and mentally.

You truly are blessed. I'll catch up with you soon hun.

xxx :hug99:

Hey honey,

Wow, what a cool Birthday present - the gift of surgery for a new and exciting life!!!

Hope the sciatica eases up for u hun.
Keep us informed of how u're doing and look after urself!!

Much love, chelle xx

Wonderful news Roch and all the best for the 8th of May!

So very happy for you!:vibes:

Love Mini xxx

BLIMEY ROCH!!

Turn my back for 5 minutes and when i turn back u r all booked to have a bypass!!

wow how fab is that?? I have to go get the kids now but will have to come back later and read what uve been upto for the past month while i havent been looking lol.

xxxxx

Hiya Roch

Sorry to hear your sciatica is really bad again, but great news on the op, it won't be long. glad you liked your consultant, will help put your mind at ease if you feel like you're in good hands.

Great news, hope the pre-op diet goes ok.

Take care

xxx

Dearest Roch:)

I can well understand the emotions you are going through right now as its not s long ago I was at the other side of the procedure and although I would never admit to my family etc I was terrified:eek:

As you know I've never once looked back and even feel a lot fitter after only 5 weeks post op, I know its a daunting time and my best advice is to try block out the fear...everytime it pops in your head think of how fantastic it will feel going into a high street store and firstly knowing they will have something to fit you and secondly being able to choose exactly what you want to wear as oppossed to buying anything that covers you up.....this really did help me, besides 18 days will fly by believe me;)

I hope you're feeling better real soon.

Lots of love

wow Roch, just read your incredible news. Now, you know me.. and I'm going to have to say it... STICK TO THIS DIET!!!!!! you MUST stick to it this time my darlin'. it's way too important now to mess this up. It may be hard but it will be SO worth it and in just over a fortnight you have the opportunity of a lifetime ahead of you and a brand new beginning.

I can hardly imagine how mixed your feelings must be right now and just want you to know that you have my support and love and that you have my number, and if you want to talk, just pick up the phone.

Stay strong, write letters, get done what you can at home to make sure that life is as easy as possible for you after the op.

A few days ahead of you to think about things and start planning for your new lease of life hon xxx

Blimey 8th may will be here sooner than u know it xxxxx

ok im back. just wanted to say I think this is a fantastic opportunity for you and I really look forward to seeing all the amazing changes that are ahead for you.

you must be scared, i know i would be but this is the fresh start u have been wishing for and i for one am dead excited for you. dont suppose uncle wants to get me done as well? no? ah well :( just a thought lol.

im sure u already know we r all thinking about u and at the ready to reply to any stresses and worries or excitement that u want report!

Im so so happy for you and cannot wait until mid-may to see a happy,positive, post op Roch :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx

Roch,
I am thrilled to hear your news.
I'm so happy you decided to go ahead, this truly is a fresh start for you and you'll be happier and healthier and hopefully pain free :)
Love Kitty xxx

Roch hun,​
I am so very happy for you, this is just the opportunity you need to get ur life back!​
Your uncle sounds fab, it must be like having your very own guardian angel!​
Good luck hun, I just know that this time next year you will be riding high, you will have lost most (if not all) of your excess weight and will be living the life you want ... I am so pleased that you are finally getting the help you need, and I know that it will be one of the best things that has ever happened to you!​
Best wishes xx​

Just a quickie as i cant sit at the pc table for more than 5 mins as i am practically bedbound at the moment.
Had to go to the hospital as i was in a right state my sciatica was so bad i was crawling on my hand and knees to the bathroom and also have now got a chest infection and inflamation of the rib cage, hopsital have given me a injection in my back and also anti inflamatories,antibiotics and painkillers really strong ones tramadol.

Am having a hard time emotionally and the phyisical stuff is just making it harder all round.
My cousin is hanging on in hospital and is confortable and is def a fighter god bless her xx
I am very scared about dying under surgery as my weight has creeped up to 29 stone as i am so housebound which is a bmi of 69 but the anti depressants have def helped taken the edge of things.
The consultant said 2 things 2 me at my app one of them is i think it would be best for u to lose mayne 3/4 stone b4 surgery as it minimises ur risks and secondly why did u not apply for nhs funding as i fit all the criteria.

Well as i am so inpatient i said that i am desperate for this op and i find it hard to lose weight (which is not entirely the complete truth just wanted him to wave this magic wand ie the surgery and then ill start lsoing weight but its not as easy as that) a couple of stone i can lose as easy as blinking my eyes that is not hard for me !!
As i have had time to think about things and just b4 my uncle forked out 9 grand i phoned him and chatted to him as he is a very rational person (not like me) and i decided that i want to lose at least 3 stone b4 i have the surgery to give myself a better chance of living through the surgery as this is major surgery especially for someone my size and with my health problems.
He said what ever u decide i will go ahead with its totally ur choice, so i rang up the consultants office and had a chat and i feel i am doing the right thing now as i am so scared to die under surgery.
The consultants sec said also if i am going to put this on hold for a couple of months why dont i apply for funding and see if i get approved its def worth a try and will save my uncle 9 grand or more.
So i chatted to my uncs and he said its totally up to me, if i get nhs funding then i will still be operated on by my same consultant so i wont be losing out and just be giving myself a better chance of living through the surgery and recovering quicker if my health is better and i have lost some weight.
If funding is not approved then he will just pay for it as we aggreed.

I feel like i have taken one step forward and now a step and a bit back but i am very scared my weight and health probs due to my obesity could cause major complications and i have been told that if my consultant cant do the surgerty through keyhole becuase of any complications he will have to do an open gastric bypass and that takes so much longer to recover from and if i have open surgery i wont be able to cope on my own at home so Aaron would have to have extra time off school and i dont want that to happen.
So i have many mixed up emotions and worries at the moment and for once i am being rational and not jumping in head first which i usually do.
Then surgery is def going ahead no matter what as i know this is the right thing for me.

Thanks again i cant tell u how much all your support has meant to me coming on here has been a lifeline for me xx

Sorry i have rambled on and on, just going through a hard time emotionally and phyisically and dont really have anyone to talk to and i think i am feeling very sorry for myself and i might just need a stern talking to !!
Thanks xxx

Last edited:
Roch..........I'm confused. The reason you are having this op is because you cannot lose the weight by yourself.............how on earth do you think you are going to lose 3 stone? and if you can lose 3 stone how come you can't manage the rest of it?:confused:

I'm not being horrible but I feel you are running away cause you are scared and you are just going to end up heavier and no better off.

Hun 3 stone i can lose very easily, and yes i am having the op because i have 19 stone to lose and i will never manage to lose that amount of weight on my own but my health and breathing is not 2 good at the moment and if i lose just a little weight then maybe it will minimise the risks that go with this major surgery.
Yes i am very scared big time and u r right that is part of it as well x

but Roch..............why haven't you lost that 3 stone already then? and if you can lose it "very easily" then why just not do it again and again and again till the whole lot is gone?

I don't get it at all...........it doesn't make any sense.

Back