Hi i'm new and have a question!

chocolate_bananas

Silver Member
Hi guys, hope everyone is well on this lovely sunny day! :D

I've joined the site specifically because it has it's own forum for pcos. I was diagnosed by an ultrasound scan at 17 after not having a period for 8 months (i'v just turned 23), and although it was really depressing to be told about the side-effects and that i may have trouble conceiving, i have learned to live with it :p

I havn't used any medication, only really watched my diet. I lost 2 stone after my diagnoses and stayed at a steady 10 stone. I think i have just been quite lucky in that i don't get many of the typical symptoms such as acne and excess hair etc. I'm pleased to say that i have 2 beautiful daughters too :rolleyes: the first was concieved as soon as i lost the weight, it kick started my periods again.

The only problem that bothers me is the weight around my tummy area, i'm a typical apple shape. My youngest is 3 months old, and i've been exercising like mad and being really careful with food, but i just cannot shift the weight from this area. Does anybody have any tips? I can't remember it being this difficult after my first child! I'm classed as over weight, i'm 12st 7lbs at 5ft 6, so have about 2.5 stone to lose. Even though i'v already lost 21lbs my tummy looks just like it did when i gave birth, except maybe not so wobbly :eek:

If anyone has any info to share with me that might help that would be great. Looking forward to getting to know everyone :D

Hey Chocolate Bananas!

How are you? I have the exact problem (except I haven't had children and weigh a few more pounds than you!). All of my weight is on my face and stomach and I am struggling so much with getting it off. There is one thing I have tried that has started to work-I don't know what it's called but it's like a disc that goes on the floor, you stand on it and twist. I found that I used it twice, burnt on average about 200 cals per session and managed to nearly drop a size in my jeans. Plus I've put on a dress which used to be more than snug on me(!) and now it fits perfectly.

It might be worth looking at-can't remember where I got mine from but it wasn't expensive at all (possibly around £10)- have a look online :)

Good luck xxx

Back