Hi I'm new- Day 1 Extra Easy - can I really lose weight eating all this? Help please.

seto123

Hi everyone I'm new to Slimming world:wavey:
After years of gaining weight whilst on and off the weightwatchers diet I decided to join slimming world as I have heard so many positive stories. So its day 1 for me today and I decided to start with extra easy. The problem I have is that I feel I have ate loads already and am now scared I won't lose weight. Here's what I have had so far:
Breakfast: 2 eggs and 1 egg white scrambled egg with half a tin of baked beans and 1 tablespoon of tomato Ketchup (1 syn)
Lunch: Pasta (quite a lot) with a tin of tuna and 2 tablespoons of Heinz salad dressing with lots of sweetcorn mixed in (I haven't ate all of it and may snack on the rest)
Dinner: I am planning on making spaghetti bol from the slimming world recipe book.

Any advice or your own experience of weight loss on extra easy would be very much welcomed, I need to know I'm doing this right.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome to SW! :)
You sure can lose weight eating all the lovely food :) I do extra easy or green days and love it. What you've had today and what youre going to make for tea are all great :D The only thing that's missing is some superfree...fruit, salad or veg. Sweetcorn is free food, not superfree because of its high natural sugars, so get whacking the veg in and stop eating when youre full and you'll be ok :) x

Yeah add some peppers, onions, tomatoes to that pasta and its absolutely fine! Sometimes if it's something that I don;t want to add veg in to I will eat a piece of fruit as a kind of starter to fill me up a bit more before a meal. I am only on 2nd week but its working so far :)

Hi everyone I'm new to Slimming world:wavey:
After years of gaining weight whilst on and off the weightwatchers diet I decided to join slimming world as I have heard so many positive stories. So its day 1 for me today and I decided to start with extra easy. The problem I have is that I feel I have ate loads already and am now scared I won't lose weight. Here's what I have had so far:
Breakfast: 2 eggs and 1 egg white scrambled egg with half a tin of baked beans and 1 tablespoon of tomato Ketchup (1 syn)
Lunch: Pasta (quite a lot) with a tin of tuna and 2 tablespoons of Heinz salad dressing with lots of sweetcorn mixed in (I haven't ate all of it and may snack on the rest)
Dinner: I am planning on making spaghetti bol from the slimming world recipe book.

Any advice or your own experience of weight loss on extra easy would be very much welcomed, I need to know I'm doing this right.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome along. I agree with the others, you will need to introduce more superfree into your diet in order to follow the plan correctly.

The ratio you should be aiming for is 1/3 superfree to 2/3 free food. I would get your books out and have a look at what is superfree so that you can plan this into each meal you have.

It's quite common to feel you are eating a lot and you can enjoy the benefit of eating all this free food. What you will need to learn is to listen to your body when you are full and then stop. Do not be tempted to keep eating just because it's free.

My final piece of advice would be to write down everything (and I mean everything) that passes your lips so your consultant can have a look at your food diary and give you constructive feedback over the first few weeks.

Don't worry there's quite a bit to get your head around to begin with but it does all fall into place, and we're all here to help and support each other. Good luck on your SW journey :)

I agree with everyone else, try and have 1/3 superfree with all your meals. Also are you having your healthy extra's? i can't seem them on the list. Good luck, the plan works... you've just got to trust it :)

Its awesome isnt it. I made the same mix up with what is and isnt superfree in the beginning so now have two lists written out on my kitchen doors so i know to make sure i have 1/3 of items off the list in every meal.

I did ww in the past and always struggled with counting/weighing meh none of that worry on this it really is quite liberating to think you can lose weight this way.. and i am!

Welcome and keep going, and good luck xx

I too am on day one of extra easy. After the 1/3 of super free foods, does it matter how much meat to starch I have? i.e. Is it one third meat and one third potatoes??? Not sure of this bit as the consultant was going to tell us newbies about that later but got distracted a bit.

I too am on day one of extra easy. After the 1/3 of super free foods, does it matter how much meat to starch I have? i.e. Is it one third meat and one third potatoes??? Not sure of this bit as the consultant was going to tell us newbies about that later but got distracted a bit.

I usually just go by the serving suggestion size on the packet. :)

It is shocking at first HOW much you CAN eat and YES you DO still lose weight! The most important thing is to (common sense here) NOT eat if you're not hungry.. just for the sake of eating (we've all been there)! Also, never ever stuff yourself so you get that post christmas dinner feeling (absolutely full) you should never feel TOO stuffed! The important thing about this diet and the best thing, is that you should NEVER be hungry, there's ALWAYS something you can eat! Whether it's something from the fruit bowl, a jacket potato, even if you are out and about & want some chocolate - grab a Freddo (Cadbury) and use only 5 syns! Good Luck! xxx

Back