Hi I'm new here.....

Pinkie1973

Starting over again......
Hi. Well like many I've done diets before, most successfully with WE.
I currently wegh 16st 10lb and realistically want to get down to 13st. At 37 I really need to go this, I'm starting to get arthritic pain in my knees and hips and I know its down to my weight. Also I have no energy etc etc and with my wee boy I feel like I'm wasting both our lives.

So as you can gather I'm feeling pretty fed up. Ok I need to get off,my bum and start exercising again. But I need to decide on a diet time. Don't really want to go ww as I failed last two times, so need a change.

I'm considering slimming world, but don't understand the basic principles. What do you all think, do you have any other suggestions? I can't really afford it, but I'm desperate now.

Sorry to be on a downer on my first post, but I guess the only way is up (or down hopefully) now.

Many thanks in advance.

P. x

:welcome2:

Hello! Welcome to minimins. This is a great forum with a lot of motivation and supportive folks to be found! I hope you find the environment to be encouraging and motivating. :wavey:

Definitely bop around the forum and see what the different diets are like. If you are looking for a less expensive option for weightloss, I suggest going the "healthy" route and simply start looking at the ingredients on the foods you purchase. Basically reduce or eliminate sugars, corn syrups, white flour, starches, and saturated and trans fats while increasing whole wheats and grains, veggies, whole fruits, lean meats/fish, protein, fiber, and lots of water! This is what I am doing. I have lost weight doing it before and intend to do it again. It is the more affordable option for me, being a college student freshly married to another college student!

Do whatever works best for you. We are all behind you, here to offer support, encouragement and understanding! :grouphugg:

Last edited:
Hi

Hi there P
Welcome on board. Like urself I have tried and failed miserably on ww slimming world u name it I have done it.
However i decided to give ww another go an I think that no matter which diet u decide to do as long as ur head is in the right place u will make it work.

I understand about all the aches and pains i get them in my elbows and wrists and i know its down to weight.

Well good luck with it all an theres loads of good advice and support on here for u too.

Kerry xx

Hey Pinkie1973!!
Just a wee message to say hey, welcome!
I am also new on this forum itself, but i have been going to slimming world for 10 weeks (with 2 off) and have already lost 1St 1.5lbs!
I would highly recommend slimming world, as it is considerably cheaper that weight watchers, and you are never hungry!

Basically you get: (on an extra easy day)
A Healthy extra A - a dairy product (e.g milk, or cheese)
A Healthy extra B - a product high in fibre (e.g. cereal)
Free food - food that has no 'syns' - e.g. fruit and vegetables, potatoes, pasta, Muller light yoghurt, that kind of thing :)
Syns - you can have between 5 and 15 of these a day! - they are like sweet things and crisps!

After a while, I promise that you will be feeling fuller for longer, and have more energy. Well I know that me and my mum do!

Visit Slimming World - because you're amazing for more information. you can find a group near you, - everyone is sooo friendly! You can get in contact with a consultant near you. And there is an on-line choice, if you are strapped for time and cash!

Give it a wee look and I hope this works for you :)

Thank-you Kerry and Shawan. What sort of quantities do you get for the healthy extras. E.g. skimmed and soya milk....?

And I've just found out elsewhere that multigrain wraps are 9.5 syns on sw. *gulp* (what are they on ww incidentally?)

Sorry for all the questions.

semi-skimmed milk: 250ml
Skimmed milk: 350ml

unsweetened calcium - enriched soya milk: 350ml
sweetened calcium - enriched soya milk :250ml

Hope this helps :) x

Back