Hi im new

j-o

Starting xenicol tomorrow! Any tips please? I know I have to eat healthy with it, and pharmacist recommended vitamins with it so I have got them too!

Hi welcome! The rules are easy once you get the hang of them, no food with more than 5g total fat per 100g, and no more than 45g of fat per day. Keeping an eye on calories is probably worth doing even if just generally as it can be easy to go over calories while still eating low fat.

Have a look at myfitnesspal phone app or website! Easy to count kcals with :)

Hi I have been using them for almost 6 mths, I have the food sorted out most days.. First 3 mths I was loosing 2kg a mth which my doc was happy with, as is the min loss they like to see to meet the targets the docs set. I then hurt my acrhillies tendon beginning of Sept so have not been exercising for aprox 4mths so WI loss was very slow. I started exercising again last Monday.. Makes a real difference the diet plus the exercise classes I do ( Zumba 2x week).

Others have lost loads more each week 1kg plus more each week, but I think they are being very strict! :) I admit sometimes I don't stick to it 100% and yes depending on what is eaten fat content wise you can live to regret your decision to eat the high fat item! You know you have been Tango'ed by the amount of orange in the loo, I now only pass wind In the toilet now :)

I have my 6 mth target coming up which is to loose 10% of original weight, I have 2 more kgs to loose, or doc will stop the tablets!

Lexie has had amazing losses! she has been very strict with her eating plan and exercise :)

Aah Mis-behave thanks for that.

Hi J-o I have been on them 3 months & have lost 2 stone 6lbs, yes I've stuck to the rules but don't really feel I've been deprived I've just found other things I enjoy. I can't eat crisps so if I'm craving them i'll have 25g of pretzels. I've still eaten out, got drunk & actually had more fun cos I feel more confident. I will relax a fair bit when I get to 5 stone loss so halfway there..... I've failed dieting for the last 14 years which I think is why I'm being strict with myself so I get there this time. Honestly if I can do it anyone can!!!! Good Luck x

Will add I only started exercising quite recently, I've always walked a fair bit but only now am I doing what I'd class as exercise

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck. I'm only on my 2nd week and have found this site really helpful - even if it's just deciding what to have for tea !!! xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks a million to all. I did find a website with a good food diary on it for xenicol so others may find it useful. I'll post the link at the end. Its really generous, especially the meal planner. For example a boiled egg with three slices of toast for breakfast. I'd normally have a smoke and a cupa lol, that's where I'm going wrong no doubt. Any food I should avoid?? Apart from the obvious takeaways. Also have you all had moments of dashing to the toilets?? I'll be going to work after my first tablet, having porridge.. Couldn't be dashing off!

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hi J-o
The guys have already given you great advice...read the stickies and have a lookaround this www. I'm only 2 weeks into my journey, so know how you feel starting out. You're going to do really well! The guys here are really really supportive. They've helped keep me focused. (I think I'm replacing my chocolate addiction with minimins!;)). Keep us posted on how things are going!
I wish you the very best on your journey.

I'd say avoid too many new things when you've to go to work, I didn't risk an egg til I had a weekend off & salmon til I had a week off lol. I've only dashed to the loo once & that was bloody turkey mince! Xx

Hi am new to xenical only on day 2 yesterday went fine for me but I do think am going to sit and write out a meal planner just till I get the hang off it!!

Day one is going fine. Just wondering do you all only have 3 meals or do you snack? I hate breakfast at 7.30, lunch at 12.30 and dinner there at 3.30. I had a few grapes in between. What do you snack on? Meal planning is very good. I thought I posted that link earlier but it doesn't seem to have come up; so here it is http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk/viewdoc.asp?ID=754&t=Leaflet

Oh it just did! Do you just have three meals a day, or do you have a snack! All good today so far!

Hey guys Im not sure who posted that original link with the food plans and advise.but thank you so much it has really helped me.have a better understanding of what i can and can't eat now.glad i found this thread.

No problem jennyc :) its great isn't it. Very generous! What day are you on? I'm on my second today. How are you doing on it?

Hi Jo,Im finding it good.the first few days were a bit hairy,but once i made a few changes i was grand.Im doing unislim aswel.so its great when i saw your link.they have the same type s of meal s.and the same fat rule 5g. Per 100g so its really working for me.am on it a week today.so Im very positive about the whole thing.how you gettin on?

I started yesterday. Do you feel full? I had a small bowl of porridge and I feel stuffed. Had that at 8 am and its 12 now. Have you lost much? I'm just eating healthy with it, basically what's on that menu!

Back