hi! just wondered how much lighter life costs

kelly22_1

loves minimins
i know its prob been asked 1,000 of times but thought i'd ask anyway

£66 for your shakes, soups and bars for the week, then several weeks in u have option of adding savoury drinks which is £6 for 14 sachets as u can have up to 2 sachets a day and there is also water flavourings costing £9 a tub, they come in 2 flavours and both r lovely and make a nice chane to plain water. each tub lasts about a week if u use it right and u can have as much as u like in a day. u also get your counselling sessions, freebies and make great friends! i was concerned at the cost at first but it actually costs less than my weekly shop did then theres the meals out, snacks and take aways that i no longer have! the weight loss is fantastic and i really would recommend this diet to anyone with a 3st + excess weight to lose. hope we have helped x

is it the same as cambridge?

Do you pay weekly or do you have to pay the full 14 weeks up front?

I'm off to see a nurse today to fill out the questionnaire and I'm not sure yet when my group would start up. I'm hoping I dont have to wait weeks as I'm keen to get started asap.

I think you'll find it's gone up to £70 a week since the original post. It might have gone up a bit more with the VAT increase too but not sure. Hope you got on ok getting your forms signed

its 66 pound for three months, jan till end of march then going upto 72. xx

:eek: Holy thread resurrection batman!!

;) xx

Thanks guys. The nurse was lovely and really helpful, so forms all filled out, scanned and sent over to my LLC tonight by email. Looks like I'll be starting tomorrow night!!! So I'm a bit nervous, everything's happening a bit quickly. Maybe that's a good thing, I think it would frustrate me having to wait a few weeks to get going.
Lx

£70 a week is not to be sniffed at! I'm going along to an info session tonight but am really nervous due to the number of scary reviews about LL. I've got fine hair so losing any is not an option and I'm also worried about energy as I'm currently being investigated for MS. Any encouragement would be welcomed.

If you are being investigated for MS I'd speak to your doctor first before considering it. Your doc may suggest you hold off until they have concluded their investigations.

Thanks gingette - off to GP on Friday, but I really hope he gives me the go-ahead as I am desperate to shift this weight that is dragging me down.

I really wouldn't listen to those scary reviews, I know you've got to, to consider the plan, especially if your being investigated for MS. The media annoy me when it comes to LL!! The hair loss thing can happen with any diet, its all about how your body tries to save energy, which is why on some diets you can feel cold, you naturally lose hair daily anyway as new hair grows and pushes the old hair out, (as explained by my LLC) when your body is saving energy it just slows down the growth of new hair, I've got fine hair too and I did notice during the later stages of my weight loss that it had thinned a little but I spoke to my LLC and she recommended silica from holland and barrett, I'm on my 2nd run of LL so ive started taking it daily from the start, as it really helped the last time. But these scary reviews, as soon as anything ever happens to someone and their on LL, LL gets the blame, but they forget about the millions of people who've had life changing experiences, I knew a number of ladies who came off life long medication because after losing weight on LL, because they didn't need it anymore, honestly it's a completely amazing journey, it's a life changing experience, you'll be full of energy and the confidence you get is unreal!!! Sorry for ranting on but negative reviews are a bug bear for me!!! Good luck with the MS investigation i hope you get the all clear!!!

Sent from my iPhone using minimins

Like Pearl said above, it's not LL diet that makes the hair fall out.

When on ANY diet where you will lose lots of weight your body will slow down the hair falling out and new hair growing process and later on it will start again so the old hair will fall out.

I don't know all the facts this is just what I have picked up but I do know it's not just LL diet that does this

I am now at the later stages of RTM and in the last week my hair has started to come out but it's not patchy and just as quick new hair is growing through and it's not really noticeable

Back