Hi ladies, can I have some advice please

fairy3853

Im currently 32 weeks pregnant so im not joining you just yet, but I am considering it, but from what iv read, im clearly missing the point on something as it just seems too good to be true.

I used to do WW years ago but could never stick to it as I found my self constantly hungry for 3 weeks out of the month & the 4th week I was eating crap just to use my points up, so I bailed and went to Slimming World.

Im doing ok on SW, but it limits my bread, am i right in thinking that low calorie bread such as WW bread I can eat as much as I want? so in theory, I could have beans & toast for breakfast and then an ham salad butty for lunch? Also whats this about crumpets? are they honestly free? Maybe its all my previouse years of dieting that makes me dubiouse becouse breads always been the devils food on diets. Any insight you ladies can offer me will be great as iv only got just over 7 weeks till my son is born so will definatly need to fet my ass into gear then:D

Yes all that is free food, there is a thread at the top of the page with the food list. It is a very good plan and it is much healthier for u than pp. It does sound too good to be true but it is true! Good luck with the birth of ur baby!

Thanks hun, will definatly be joining you ladies in March xx

It definitely is true - I found it amazing too, but I've been making the most of it all - having beans on toast and using my weeklies for a teeny bit of low fat cathedral city cheddar on top, or having crumpets for a mid morning snack in work - two crumpets with 1/2 teaspoon nutella on each is a wicked way of keeping my hand out of the boxes of sweets that are always around in our office, and only costs me 1pp each time. Sometimes I make free jam out of frozen fruit and sugar free jelly to go on my crumpets - that's yummy (check out the WW community for the recipe).

Im coming to join you, iv been doing SW for the last 4 weeks and my midwife was happy for me to do that as she feels it will be beneficial for both me & bubs, but even SW im finding too restrictive whilst pregnant. Im craving bread & crumpets but if I have 2 crumpets that nearly all my syns gone for the day & I know its only a crumpet, but they realy do help me to feel satisfied, I dont know about you, but I find sometime that fruit is just not enough to keep me going till the next meal. Hope to get to know you all

I used to be like that with fruit but I must admit after being on sf for 3 weeks I have days where I don't even want to eat between meals, which is really good! I looked at the sw stuff in the paper a couple wks ago and just didn't understand it, and syns were few and went fast! Not like sf, I personally think it's a much better plan

I agree with you there hun, so far it seems to be better. I think SW was better than the pro points as I was constantly hungry on that, but this new Sf seems to have lead the way in new easier diets. Also agree with you on the Syns, they never went very far at all. Once youd used your syns in the day for things like marge & salad cream, there was no way youd be able to have a little chocolaty treat, not even a curly wurly as there 6syns.

How have your losses been over the last 3 weeks?

6.5 lb first wk, 0.75lb second wk ( time of the month tho) and I will let u no tomorrow about the 3rd wk!

Good god woman, that was a great loss on your first week and im pritty impressed with the second week as it was "that time" looking forward to seeing tomorrows results. Have you done a food diray at all? Im looking forward to starting it tomorrow, I need some structure, I think bubs is having yet another growth spurt and im constantly hungry, least if im following this ill have to make health choices rather than just grabbing the first piece of crap out of the fridge. Im not expecting to loose anything, though it would be nice.

3.3/4 lb off today! My diary is ' Sarah's simply filling diary'

U will be able to have Crumpets or something as a snack to keep bubs going! I wouldn't recommend u loose either not until babys out! Has ur midwife told u to maintain? Least u get 90 weeklies, lucky u!

Back