Hi lovely people

domino

Just to introduce myself :)

Lost some 3 stone back in 2006 on the Cambridge Diet, didn't learn by it and gained most back by 2008. Started and restarted on CD late 2008 until I did the final restart May 2009. Now lost 2 stone and want to lose another 1 1/2 stone.

Been lurking on the Atkins and Low Carb forums for about a month now and have decided to leave CD and join you guys. Bought the Atkins book and read it cover to cover over the weekend. So come Saturday I'm off to the Supermarket to stock up with.....OMG......actual food :D I love meat, fish, eggs, all veg so am really looking forward to the taste of real food and no hunger.

The book makes total sense and I can see why I've always put back the weight I've lost, year after year..... I am a carb addict.....no a carb junkie in fact. I've been sucked into the whole low fat diet thing and stuffed my face with low fat, carb high foods, never understanding why I seem to eat so little but continue to gain weight....madness:eek:

I've read all the Atkins and Low Carb stickies - gone back through the forum archives - very enlightening. So thanks. Dx

Hey there and welcome. A good choice of diet for carb addicts. and though there are not many of us her in the lowcarb/atkins forum we are a friendly bunch.

Quite a few CD/LL transferers here too

Hey Viks - thanks for the hiya.

Yep, noticed that there are a few CD/LL converts here. Kinda makes sense really, being used to the whole ketosis thing. I was surprised that on checking the nutritional value that the carb content of 3x CD products is in the region of 45 carbs. But I suspect that due to the very low calorific content - it all kinda works out.

So, I reckon although I've got to restrict carbs to 20 max in the first two weeks - the fact that I can eat real food, proteins - is totally doable. In reality a feast....so bring it on :D

I'll be happy with a 2lbs weightloss on a weekly basis, even if sometimes its a little less. Can even cope with a stall - just happy to lose the last 21lbs in a slower time and enjoy food on the way.

Am hoping so Laura. Have been pretty impressed with you folks and the losses you've achieved. You are all also so positive and generally upbeat about it - which is motivation in itself.

I've just reached a point where I need food. Whilst I truly rate CD and I know it works, the first time around I just did it - but I've really struggled as a restarter. Took me several months to get back into it and although I'm pleased with where I am now - its time for me to move on.

I've been drooling over the 'what are we eating today' thread and have almost tortured myself with reading all the lush foods you guys have. But I wanted to stick at CD until I lost at least half of my goal weight loss.

Also my DD is home - having graduated - and I want to get back to cooking family meals and sharing time over the dinner table.

Hi Domino and welcome to Atkins love. I'm pleased you have prepped properly and read up on how it all works.

I've been drooling over the 'what are we eating today' thread and have almost tortured myself with reading all the lush foods you guys have

LMAO. :wavey:

Hiya domino and welcome to the Atkins board, we are a friendly and supportive bunch here. :)

It's always nice to see an Atkins newbie who already has one eye on Maintenance. I truly believe that Atkins is not just a short term weight loss method but a way of life, and that in the book you have all the info you need to keep the weight off and eat healthily for life. Our Jim is a testament to that.

Hi Domino and welcome - Well done on your loss so far with cd and good luck with the switch to Atkins, i'm sure you will enjoy this diet :D

Hello Domino and welcome!

I think like me you'll find this forum a great source of ideas, support, inspiration and giggles!

I started Atkins (with a bit of calorie counting too) a couple of months ago and find myself 13lbs down, much more energy and back in the gym developing the bod I've always wanted!

Good luck and look forward to hearing about your progress!

x

hiya domino,
wow fantastic weight loss my cousin she has lost 4 stone in 17 weeks on the CD and she looks fantastic
I contemplated trying it myself its just I like my food to much hehe
hope you have a great success with the atkins and this site is amazing everyone so helpful and friendly:)

hi Domino,

ex-CD'er too, and altho the weight loss was greater, the longer i went, the harder i found to keep going on it - found i was missing food too much, but not the carb loaded stuff, the meats & veg and pork scratchings lol!

I'm having a steady loss at the mo, normally about 2lbs a week, or staying the same, which to me is the first thing i look for, given i'm eating properly again. anything lost is a bonus really, and i'm a lot happier doing it this way, so best of luck yourself with it!

Hey all - thanks for the lovely welcoming messages and special hi to Jim - it was your 'So your thinking of starting Atkins' sticky that got me interested in the first place. You explained it well, which prompted me to buy the book (albeit the new version). I need to re-read and highlight bits for reference.

My OH and DD are so pleased that I'm changing onto a food plan.....he is fed up being banished to the backgarden to cook meat on the bbq - lol, just coz I reached the point where I just couldn't cope with the smell of lush food and was getting a might tetchy.....well almost demonic (or so he says). Even had to cook his Sunday bacon on it last weekend, which perhaps wasn't so bad except it was a ickle bit wet (hee hee)

Going to stock up on 'legal' things you can grab for a quick bite when the mood takes (and it will) and make my cupboards and fridge Atkins friendly. Oooh can't wait....drool....slobber.... (ok not a pretty sight but you get the drift).

See you guys on the boards....I'll be watching and checking out all your lurverly recipes.

Hey all - thanks for the lovely welcoming messages and special hi to Jim - it was your 'So your thinking of starting Atkins' sticky that got me interested in the first place. You explained it well

Thank You!

I do most of my cooking on the bbq my neighbours must think am nuts, ave bbq with my parasol up keeping me dry in the torrential rain over last fews weeks hehe I just find my steaks much juicer off the bbq and burgers nicer and love the smoked taste also easier, unless I am lazy cos my cooker stays nice and clean lol

I like to fry my steaks with garlic, onions and butter. Then I fry some eggs in the juices while the steak rests and then, OOOOOHHHHH it's so yummy.

hi Domino, and welcome. the recipe sticky should be good for family meals. I also have the Neris and India cookbook which has a great recipe for shepherds pie.

Hey Bad Jar - did the googly thing on neris and india and will put that cookbook on my wish list. OH is doing his tea on the bbq as we speak and the heavens have just opened :D Plan to make my DD an omelette for her tea, so might just nick some and some of my hubbies meat and get this whole Atkins thing rolling.

Promised myself I would stick to ssing on CD up to Friday - but my body is weak. My cupboards are not stocked up enough yet, coz we've kept food to the minimum to stop me munching - lol (got very little willpower at the mo).

Steak with garlic, onions and butter......mmmmm - must step away from the bbq.

I like to fry my steaks with garlic, onions and butter. Then I fry some eggs in the juices while the steak rests and then, OOOOOHHHHH it's so yummy.

I only learned about 'resting' meat fairly recently, but boy does it make all the difference.

I got the N&I cook book out of the library a while back and copied down some of the recipies but haven't got around to trying any of them yet. I want to try their sausage muffins but need to get a muffin tray...

Hi LM, do you think the muffins would work using a shallow yorkshire/cupcake tray?

I assumed that's what a 'muffin tray' is, Jar, I guessed it was an Americanisation but now I'm not so sure! Maybe someone who's made them can enlighten us... :confused:

You can muffin trays in supermarkets these days - I just wondered if you used a yorkie tray and not as much mix if it would work. wouldn't get quite the same result but...

I have a mini muffin tray, makes about 24 bitesize muffins.

Back