Hi new and need help

my name is Ukrainianphil and
i guess i joined, as i need help. I bought a wii fit the other day and was on the ballance board thingy and
it asked me for my details. I was shocked to descover i have put on two stone. now in 22 stone 3lbs.
:cry: my B.M.I is 46 and i have a virtual age of 85.
So i have come here for a bit of support and encouragement.
I am 50 yeara old. (single)
I love to eat.
especially take aways.
I live on my own; so after work rather than cook, i order a pizza. (my fav take away).
I drink a lot of fizzy pop at least 6 liters of cola a day.
So i need to change as my doctor has told me i now have type 2 diabetis. i have to take metformin

I have had three heart attacks and have been as heavy as 30 stone and weighed as little as 12 stone.
I just keep putting it back on when i lose it.
So i hope to get to know you all and get some encouragement as i begin yet another diet.
so please be patient with me and i hope to chat,
I'm not a bad person; just a football fan who loves to many pies.

Hey!
Welcome!
You will get a lot of encouragement here :) I have only been here a short while and everyone is friendly :)

Good luck with everything and I look forward to seeing what you have to say :)

Hi Phil, welcome, you sound like a great person, friendly and chatty and best of all ready to become happy and healthy!
I'm not sure that the Wii Fit board is a good weighing scale; mine used to tell me I'd put on or lost up to a stone every time I got on it! And it told my daughter (who was 12 at the time and is a slim, fit child) that she was obese with an age of 67! I don't think it's very reliable :p
Have you decided to set yourself a goal, and a plan to reach it? I wish you all the very best of luck in becoming and staying healthy.

Ive been on so many diets in the past.
My doctor told me to ignore them all and reduce what i eat; eat more healthy. I need to exercise, so i have decided to
join a gym. I don't go out a lot quite happy to sit in front on the telly with a few beers.
I have decided not to go for a diet this time.
Just reduce what i eat and eat more veg. Take it at a day at a time.

Hello Phil and welcome to the forum
My opinion is that the problem is not all these diets you have tried in the past, but the dieter, you. In order to lose extra weight you must have strong motivation, support, a plan (any healthy eating and exercise plan), dedication. And I agree with you that you must start slow and steady. Take a couple of easy to follow decisions initially, act on them every day, scale them up gradually, form good and healthy eating and exercise habits, and then you may accelerate to more demanding lifestyle changes.

Back