Hi-newbie

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Gemma_C, 23 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Gemma_C

Gemma_C Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey there, I just thought I'd say hello....
    I have been doing Atkins for the last four days now (already lost 4lbs!). I have moved over from Slimming World-which was and is great but it opens me up to far too much temptation of the naughty things. I really need to be good-I'd love to be at goal for October time-I have two stone three lbs to go.
    I have lost 3 stone since my heaviest using lighter life originally and then Slimming World.
    I am really proud of what I have achieved so far and hoping that Atkins will take me over the edge and get me to where I need to be.

I know there are going to be times that will be hard-example-this weekend-I have a whole day out at Hard Rock Calling-I'm going to have to eat dinner out as your can't take food in with you. I have purchased some de-carb tablets-does anyone know if these are good?

Nice to meet you all!

Gems xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Hi and welcome. I see you are from the same part of the country as me.:)
    Atkins is great and the folks in this forum are really friendly and supportive. Post often and get to know us all.
    Have a good read of the stickies and our diaries. :D

4. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi and welcome:)

It's generally ok eating out unless you are at a noodle bar lol. Even a burger is fine - just dump the bun and chips;)

Last edited: 23 June 2011
  5. J2BLUE

J2BLUE Low Carber

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Welcome to Atkins.

One bit of advice...the Atkins diet is perfect as it is! You don't need de-carb tablets and having taken something similar before they do not work and might interfere with this diet (I have no evidence, just guessing and this diet is quite complex. Insignificant things on Slimming World etc will make a difference here!).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.