Hi only just found this site. just got to target

craybia

Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind me posting as you seem a friendly bunch. I have just got to my sw target after losing 7 stone 1 (6 stone 8 with sw did half a stone before joining).

I read through some of your inspirational stories and finally found people who feel like me.

I felt like crying last night when I read the thread about the large ladies who lost loads of weight still feeling huge etc.

I am finding it really hard to see me as a slimmer person. I know clothes wise I am massivly different going from a size 24/26 to a 12. However I still feel I am just me inside. I have always been overweight from being a child and I am now the lightest I have ever been even from going into secondary school.

I tell them at group how I feel and I think most feel I am daft. I go with my mum sister and friend and my mum has lost loads too and feels like me. One lady just snipes if you cant see it then you must have an eating dissorder, I have no problem with food I can control myself now and don't binge. I just have no confidence in me. I still find myself shopping in the plus size clothing. I see people and think I am there size ( least 20).

I am hoping my head will catch up like a lot have advised others. I sometimes catch myself in the windows of shops and think no thats not me it must be them reflections that make you look smaller. I look down on my legs and think they are still huge so I am scared to buy nice clothing.

sorry to moan on but I have no one else to speak to as everyone thinks I am mad, even my hubby that just tells me I look amazing.

1st of al I want to say, omg what an achievement, well done you! I was having the same conversation with some one yest morning, I like yourself have always been large from my early years, I think we persevere ourselves as something different to how others do but that is only because we are so used to looking at ourselves as being size 24, I have lost 4 stone so far (nearly 1 n half thru sw and the rest before I joined) but I don't see myself any different. I don't think u are mad and I definitely think the people who can't understand or are not supportive and saying u have a disorder are probably jealous people!! Has this woman who made that comment reached her target yet?? A couple of questions for u, how long did it take you to lose the weight and also from going down to a size 12 from a 24/26 have u got excess skin, when doing the diet was u exercising as well? I'm so worried about this and have never had the guys to ask anyone!! I can't c myself ever as being thin and toned!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

wow!!!! a huge congratulations and well done to you!!! amazing achievement.
i would say it took me a good 3months after hitting target for it all to sink in and me to 'see' and realise the size i am now and stop automatically going to grab my old clothes size.

Hi and thanks and well done to both of you too.

it has taken me 2 years to lose it but then I went for the slow and steady so I could keep to it and live rather than a blast few months of massive loss and then give up.

I have done some exercise for the first year I didnt work so did some walking wii fit etc nothing strenuous as I didnt have the energy.

Last sept I got a job at local school as a cleaner. I use that as my exercise now as I clean like a nutter to burn of the fat.

I dont have major excess skin though I am bothered about my inner thighs as they are still very wobbly and my belly. I had 3 big babies though so maybe it will never be firm. I am going to try and work on them though this next few months. Oh also bust has gone bit funny sort of empty.

The snide lady at group is one who leaves joins back for few weeks etc has a lot to go but she did lose loads years ago and said she felt fab.

congrats on your weightloss hun , sometimes it take a while for head to catch up with body '' if that makes sense'' try to embrace your new body, you have worked really hard to loose all your weight x

When I have lost weight previously....about 3 stone....I felt the same. I knew I wasn't as big as I was, I couldn't possibly be, having lost 3 stone but in my head I still felt bigger.
When I bought clothes I would hold them up and think I'd never fit into them, so i'd take a larger size in the changing room with me only to find they were miles too big.
It's an odd because, I really didn't see myself as a slim person, even though I felt great!
It was only after seeing some photos of myself from that time (after gaining some weight again recently) that I can now see just how slim I really was! I'm trying to get back there now! Lol

Well done to you anyway, you must feel amazing?

Hellooo Craybia! I know you :cool: lol and often wonder how you are getting on and how your allotment is doing.

Congratulations on your fantastic loss and for reaching target. Your head may take a bit longer to catch up with your body. The important thing is that your heart will already be thanking you for not having to carry your excess weight about.

Wondering who I might be? Here is a clue...syn free of course :) SS x

Attachments

• KP - Mini Chips.JPG
    KP - Mini Chips.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 43
I agree also with lentil2 I think that if u look at photos you see the change that everyone else sees, I saw a photo of me at my heaviest the other day and was shocked that I was actually that big and don't ever remember being that big!!! I've now put the photo on my fridge as an incentive to tell myself i never want to look like that ever again!!! I think one of the hardest things to deal with is the mind set that we are in when large or also when we have lost the weight, it's not just the physical changes it's also mentally challenging too!!! Thank u for answering my questions, I think I'm gonna start cleaning everywhere like a nutter too lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Craybia, remember me from the old place :cool: I'm not like sausage in 'secret squirrel' disguise and kept the same name.

Wow you have done so well, I often wondered how you were getting on. Congratulations for getting to target - you always were an inspiration to me, even more so now you have gone and done it!!!!

We concentrate on losing the weight so much that we endup ignoring the psychological side of losing weight.

Many many congratulations on losing the weight firstly. You are an inspiration to us all on minimins and you just posting your story will make others determined to continue with the plan.

You should go and do all of the things that you couldn't do when you were over weight. For example, when i was 18 I went to alton towers and couldn't fit in to one of the ride- I was humiliated. But when i DO lose the weight im going to go to every single theme park in England! Lol doing this will show you and prove to yourself that you are slimmer than before.

Don't be so hard on yourself- and go have some fun. Wear something you would never have done before. Go dancing!.. And other what other people think. This is your life, your body and no one will make you feel anything you don't want too! Xxx

Welcome craybia:welcome2:

Congratulations and well done on your amazing weight loss:happy096:

The legs do take much longer to slim down probably due to the fact that they were carrying a lot of weight and had built up the muscle to do so... but they will adjust and slim down to suit the new you...it just takes time.

Craybia - maybe if you have a moment, you might like to make a list of your non-scale victories (NSV).

These are benefits of weight loss that are not measured on the scales. Little things like being able to use a smaller towel when you get out of the shower, or being able to get up and down easier when you harvest your veg, or maybe someone gave you a compliment and it made you feel good inside.

It is like counting your blessings and will help you see the bigger picture...the benefits that are wonderful yet immeasurable :) x

There is a thread here about it

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/160171-nsvs-non-scale-victories.html

No Way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiya SS and smartie. I dont go on ebay much now as most of the ones I spoke to vanished when the forums changed.

I don't know how to do pics on here or id put some on but those on my facebook can see them in my slimming world before and after no laughing folder.

The main thing I wanted to do was to take my little girl swimming but as I hate my legs so much at the min I still havent taken her.

I know what you mean about the little victories like being able to use just a bath towel to wrap yourself after a bath when even a bath sheet wouldnt go round me. Not being a damn in the bath anymore when I pull the plug. I can even put a clenched fist either side of my hips and still have room. I will def go and check that other thread out.

Many thanks for the kindest welcome too to those that don't know of me. It is just weird as it is just hard to explain to those that haven't been there how hard it is not being the 'fat' person anymore be it at school, at work, wherever when you have always been the fat one.

Oh and on the allotment front I left himself for dead when we were moving much couple of weeks ago. he only shifted a bit and was dying I moved most of it. Felt wicked. Also being lighter than him now. I was nearly 7 stone heavier at one point.

Silly Sausage, I went back to ebay a few times to see how you were getting on but never seemed to catch you. Hows ur garden doing this year?

You have done so well Craybia :D My brain hasnt caught up with my figure, I look at jeans in a size 14 and sneer at the drainpipe legs thinking I will never get them on. Its always a shock when I do :)

You can find Sausage and I on the Sunday thread

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weekly-weigh/133037-sunday-weighers-only-me-204.html

You're more than welcome to join us and the gang. It doesnt matter to us what day you weigh in on (there are several who dont weigh in on Sundays myself included). Pop in and join us, theres usually someone about on there and its a really supportive thread :D

congratulations on getting to target. i can understand what you mean, i've lost 3 stone, and i've got another 2 to lose but i can't imagine being whatever size i will be at 10stone. i am a comfy size 12 now, although its not quite sunk in my brain as everytime i clothes shop i want to buy a 14 or 16. i was an 18 when i began. i got an order from sports direct the other day and i had orderd a size 12 exercise bottoms and top. i had the biggest feeling of disaapointment when i opened the package and saw the size of the stuff, it looked tiny!!! so i was in a mood, until i decided to just try them to see how long it'd take me to fit in them, so i put them on and they both fitted, perfectly, the disappointment turned into bewilderment lol. so my point is that i still haven't caught up with my body, i still see wobbly bits and stretch marks everywhere, but i am gradually coming to accept that they're never gonna go, my baby belly is always gonna be there as ive had 3, 1 being a c section. but my main acheivement is that i can exercise comfortably and enjoy it now, i even went for a 2 mile run this morning with a stinking hangover after catching up with an old friend last night, and i still enjoyed it.....she however thought i was stark raving bonkers haha.
i'm sure we will begin to embrace our 'new bodies' soon enough, in the meantime we can celebrate all the other fantastic things that come from living the healthy lifestyle that is sliiming world :)

Back