Hi, so this is me

Smashing99

Hi. This is me.

As you can see, I've put on some serious weight the last three years. I have no idea how much I've put on, because weight was never an issue for me when I was younger, but post-college and since turning 20, I have put on so much, I am thinking it becomes a serious issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Minimins @Smashing99 What's your plan? We'll have a 50lbs by Xmas 2022 thread - will you join us when we start that? I've found it really helpful to check in weekly here.

My numbers are
Height: 5'10
Weight: 287lbs - meaning I have gained over 100lbs in the last four years o_O
I wear a size 50 (US), carrying a lot of excess fat on arms, belly, hips and butt. I've always had curves, a booty, but my butt is just enormous now, and some chairs with arms are a major struggle, which is emberassing at work.
I am well aware of my overeating. I've always had a big appetite, but until college, I exercised regularry. Since then, there was less and less physical activity, and the weight piled on.
At the same time, I have absolutely no health issues, (I work in healthcare), so my main problem is finding motivation it seems.

I think motivation follows when you get results. For me, the game changer has been increasing protein and cutting carbs. I no longer feel so compelled to eat. It's reduced my overeating significantly. I definitely recommemd checking out Eating Like A Bear. Keto Fitness Club. Dr Jason Fung. DietDoctor - both the low carb & high protein info. Will you join our Christmas 2022 challenge?

Back