Hi SW and minimins newbie! 7st to lose!

nailqueen

Hi, I'm 31 mother of 2 boys and I signed up to SW last week. Over the last 4 years I've gained over 6st and have had my head buried in the sand regarding my weight gain. I've excused myself blaming my mental illnesses and my medications, but in reality I eat too many fry ups, takeaways, crisps and chocolate, drink far too much lager and hardly exercise.
The turning point came a few weeks ago when my 5 year old saw a picture of me 4 years ago and didn't recognise me because I am so much bigger now. I admit that prior to gaining so much weight I didn't follow a healthy diet but had suffered bulimia for 14 years, so I have never had a good, healthy relationship with food. I am determined to get down to a healthy weight though and a size that I am comfortable with rather than ashamed of and disgusted by like at the moment, but will do it healthily. I'm hoping slimming world enables me to achieve this and once I'm there to maintain it and not fall back to old habits.
I would also like to incorporate some exercise into my lifestyle so my heart can be healthy.

Thanks for reading xx

Hi and welcome :) Sounds like it's been a long hard struggle but hopefully this is the turning point for you! SW is great because it's not a diet it's a healthy eating plan so you should be able to stick to it long term. And as they say admitting it is the first step to solving the problem! You know your issues with takeaways etc so you can do something about them now - I recommend the "fakeaway" recipes, some of them are really yummy! And meal planning, get everything in, cook in batches, freeze it, make sure you're prepared so that you don't end up having a takeaway cuz you've got nothing else.

Good luck and here if you need anything :)

Hi and welcome!!
To reiterate what Heather said, SW is the best because it isn't a diet and it teaches us about eating healthily so you're already on the right path!

Good luck with everything!

Thank you both, I'm really enjoying slimming world because I can already see it becoming just the way I eat - which I what I want, a lifestyle change not a fad diet.
I had my first weigh I last night and was over the moon to have lost 7.5lb and get my 1/2stone award! I bought the curry recipe book and I'm going to buy the fake away book next Wednesday. I've been filling my fridge with salads and have bought a few of the Iceland sw soups and meals so if I'm struggling to make tea I've got something in - great idea about cooking I batches and freezing though! Thanks xx

Glad it's going well and well done on your amazing loss! You should be very proud.

Yeah, batch cooking is key for me - the challenge is remembering to defrost it! But there's only two of us in the house and most recipes serve 4 so it's easy to have some extra, and some I find I can get 3 meals out of for the two of us. Would recommend the SW Sweet and Sour Chicken, that is delicious! The book doesn't say it's freezer friendly but we've had it twice from the freezer and been ok lol. The recipe is on my food diary "128 Days To Be Bikini Ready" if you fancy giving it a try.

Well done on your loss, that's brill!

Back