Hi there, Preparing for CD start.

fatboynotyetslim

Hi everyone,

I am a 33 year old male who is going to try to change his life forever. No sorry I'll rephrase that statement.....

I am a 33 year old male who WILL change his life forever!!

I have a long, long road ahead and am desperate to lose weight. I will hopefully get round to starting a blog v.soon which will document my progress.

Having read about the Cambridge Diet I am excited and somewhat nervous of the journey ahead. Could I possibly change my life? What sort of person will I become? These questions scare me along with many others, but what frightens me the most is that at my current weight I may not be around for many more years unless I wake up to my situation and do something about it.

I have over 200lbs+ to lose and deperately realise I need to lose weight.
Over the years, since my mid to late teens I guess, I have tried to lose weight. Some diets more successful than others, but each time regaining the weight and more.
I'm sure alot of you are familiar of the yo-yo diet.
Its time to put a stop to that cycle because quite frankly at 33 years old and 28st in weight I am tied and exhausted of the whole thing.
I want to change...I NEED to change!

I have been in contact with a CDC and am going through the formalities of starting the plan i.e. filling in medical consent form/arranging for initial consultation.

I have yet to officially start although I have reduced my calorific intake to prepare myself for diet.

I have seen many photos and read many posts, all of them inspirational. I do not know how I will fare in the coming weeks/months but I hope I'll be able to return to these boards for support/encouragement and inspiration.

Many thanks for takiing the time to read my first ever post.

Welcome to the boards. Well done on making the decision to change your life completely ... because that is what's going to happen - and very quickly too (especially as you're a guy - the weight loss is even more spectacular!)

I'm really looking forward to reading about your transformation - and maybe seeing some pics at some time in the future.

Keep us all posted :)

Good luck . I started on friday and its hard work but the results are worth it.

I'm from Essex too Which part are you from.

Hi congratulations on your first post, hopefully it wont be your last...lol.
You are doing this for you and to help become much healthier and fitter.
Once you get into it you will be fine, though you may have a few symptoms in the first week. Things like headaches, dizzy spells, but not everyone gets them.

The key to the diet it plenty of water, hot or cold, black tea or coffee. You will be fine and men lose really quick......guiness tester has lost an awful lot of weight in a matter of weeks I will hunt down the link to his thread

Thanks everyone for your response, most encouraging.

I'm still trying to figure out how to include pictures/graphics on my blog at the mo, but once that's done I'll post the link for anyone whose interested, to follow my progress.

My CDC has sent the medical form to me and once I've had that signed by my G.P, I'll be off.

Thanks once again.

dt2525252Dpurplebugchallenge2525252.gif

best of luck with the diet
its simple realy dont cheat and you`ll see results very quickly
i have every faith in you
stick with minimins and when ever you feel the need to eat just log on here

kaz :D

Hey and welcome on board! xx

Hi everyone,

I am a 33 year old male who is going to try to change his life forever. No sorry I'll rephrase that statement.....

I am a 33 year old male who WILL change his life forever!!

I have a long, long road ahead and am desperate to lose weight. I will hopefully get round to starting a blog v.soon which will document my progress.

Having read about the Cambridge Diet I am excited and somewhat nervous of the journey ahead. Could I possibly change my life? What sort of person will I become? These questions scare me along with many others, but what frightens me the most is that at my current weight I may not be around for many more years unless I wake up to my situation and do something about it.

I have over 200lbs+ to lose and deperately realise I need to lose weight.
Over the years, since my mid to late teens I guess, I have tried to lose weight. Some diets more successful than others, but each time regaining the weight and more.
I'm sure alot of you are familiar of the yo-yo diet.
Its time to put a stop to that cycle because quite frankly at 33 years old and 28st in weight I am tied and exhausted of the whole thing.
I want to change...I NEED to change!

I have been in contact with a CDC and am going through the formalities of starting the plan i.e. filling in medical consent form/arranging for initial consultation.

I have yet to officially start although I have reduced my calorific intake to prepare myself for diet.

I have seen many photos and read many posts, all of them inspirational. I do not know how I will fare in the coming weeks/months but I hope I'll be able to return to these boards for support/encouragement and inspiration.

Many thanks for takiing the time to read my first ever post.

Congratulations for taking the first step in your weight loss journey, i wish you all the best on your road to slimdom, dont forget were all here to help any time day or night there is normally someone around.

Me.

Welcome

Hi "fatboynetyetslim" welcome to the world of CD
This diet is amazing!!!!
Thanyou Sonkie for posting a link to my thread, yes I have lost an amazing weight strictly following CD and drinking 8 - 10 pints of water a day
I am also in Essex (Colchester) and If you need someone to chat too feel free to drop me a line
I wish you all the best with your journey ahead of you, It is well worth the little bit of effort.
Feel free to email me there is a link from my blog
link The Big Diet

And I look forward to seeing your progress on your blog

Back