Hi there

FeatherWeight

Hi everyone,

I'm 19 and from Scotland. I've always been overweight as far back as I can remeber - but now at my heaviest I think overweight doesnt cut it. Denial is a big thing, its only a couple of pounds, only a bag of crisps .....:break_diet:

I keep thinking Im a size eighteen ... the clothes here are smaller etc.
Well enough is enough, I want to live a full life :) I want to not be ashamed of how far things have gone.

Im getting married in 3 and a half years and I want to be able to go into a bridal shop and choose the dress i fall in love with... not the dress that fits !

Im going to do Slimming World online (bodyoptimise) and Iv started at the Gym. Hopefully Il have lost the weight this time next year, 6-8 stone is my goal, I want to be able to maintain my weight for the wedding :)

All your stories are awe-inspiring, I hope I can do half as well as you guys :D

Featherweight (haha not yet, but a girl can dream!)

hi Featherweight and welcome to the forums! You sound really motivated and focused on what you have to do! Everyone on here is really friendly and supportive so you have come to the right place.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!
Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Hello Featherweight and welcome !
I know exactly what you mean , for ages I seemed to say that it was just the cut of the clothes that was wrong , not the size of me !! The dress size crept up and up until one day it was like ooops how did I get here , and reality set in as I was now the heaviest I had ever been ! Complete lifestyle change , and mindset change and I am on the long journey to lose what I had denied I had for so long !
Good luck on your weight loss , and on reaching that goal of your perfect princess wedding dress !!

Hello Featherweight,

I am sure there are many people here that have been on the plump side most of their life - I include myself in this. I have about 7 to 8 stone to lose. I say about as I have been "big" since I was 13 so have no idea what my final goal will be.:confused:

Good Luck in your weight loss journey.:)
I am sure you'll get lots of support here.

Thanks everyone for you kind words of support :) Glad to know there is somewhere where there are other people in the same boat!

Hope you all reach your goals

FeatherWeight

Back