Hi there!

Hi Mikey - have been wondering whether to give my big clothes to a charity shop. Last year I lost 3 stones and gave lots away but then put the weight on again! I think however that if I hang on to them that I'm inviting myself to fail.
It's a great feeling when you find that you can fit into your smaller clothes - I spend a lot of time trying clothes on in my bedroom. Not that I need to dress up to go out very often - it's a bit difficult when youncan't eat or drink!

I think you're absolutely right. Give them away to the charity shop! Keeping them "just in case" indicates a negative mental attitude which could invite failure. Even the acceptance of the possibility that once you have achieved your goal you just "might" put it all back on again isn't good for you! dump the old clothes, get new ones, and if the new ones ever start to get a little tight, don't even THINK about buying a bigger size, just adjust your diet/excercise or jump back on CD for a week or two to get yourself stable again.

Once I am done on this, I will get myself a new great wardrobe and from that moment on I will make myself fit my clothes, not my clothes fit myself! All the old stuff is getting dumped!

come on gang! this is for good!

Liveonce said:
Wa did ur CDC say mikey how did ur weigh go ?

Just 2lb this week, he thinks some of the symptoms like feeling warm and suchlike indicates that something has knocked me out of ketosis, but if e no idea what could have done it as nothing has been different this week to the past 8 weeks. I'm due for a review from my doctor next week anyways so I'll book that in and see what he thinks

2lb is good. I've got man flu this week..(aka a bad cold...lol) and I'm tempted to reach for the comfort food but have resisted so far.....
xx

Dementia said:
2lb is good. I've got man flu this week..(aka a bad cold...lol) and I'm tempted to reach for the comfort food but have resisted so far.....
xx

Yeah, it's the least I've lost so far but it does take me to 41lb in 8 weeks which I'm not going to complain about!

Given your previous losses I think 2lbs is absolutely fine as weight loss is always going to fluctuate - mind you - I don't half whinge when I have a bad week! I find that I forget about it in a couple of days. You must be seeing a big difference by now - 3 stones in less than two months - Keep up the good work.

Hey Mikey - it sounds like you may be ill or have an infection of some kind - hence the higher temperature. I can see how being ill might throw your body off for a little while. At any rate, I'm glad to hear from you and hope you feel better very soon! 41lbs so far! That is soo wonderful! :)

New results hot off the press! This week another 5Lb down for a total of 46lb. Awesome.

edited to add.... OMG! I was just sitting thinking how great 46lb in 9 weeks is... when i actually saw my start date on my profile and looked at a calendar... and it only seems to be 8 weeks ago! lol! Can someone check that for me? because i cant quite believe it can be 46lb in 8 weeks thats crazy!

Last edited:
You'd better believe it! Another brilliant week - have you anything to wear? I reckon you'll have a slim summer at the rate you are going.

Daisy65 said:
You'd better believe it! Another brilliant week - have you anything to wear? I reckon you'll have a slim summer at the rate you are going.

I've actually just ordered a couple of new outfits that will be slightly too small for me, because at the rate I am losing there'd be no point at all ordering stuff that's my current size! They would be too big by the time they arrived! :)

Last edited:
mikeyB said:
I've actually just ordered a couple of new outfits that will be slightly too small for me, because at the rate I am losing there'd be no pony at all ordering stuff that's my current size! They would be too big by the time they arrived! :)

It seems magical to me...what are you doing and how is this weight loss happening...touch wood

bhooms said:
It seems magical to me...what are you doing and how is this weight loss happening...touch wood

I agree with you, it does seem magical! I'm not doing anything at all special, I'm just using Cambridge diet sole source. There's no trick to it, other than perhaps the fact that I am genuinely sticking to it 100%. 2-3 weeks ago I had to stop wearing my work suits (or clown suits as my colleagues had dubbed them as I shrank inside them) as they had become stupidly big. I started wearing suits that fit me, but here I am a couple of weeks later and the new suits are starting to look too big.

In my first post on this forum, in this thread, I said that I had never been on a diet before. Now all I can say is that I wish I'd done Cambridge years ago! If I'd known it was this easy to almost see weight drop off before your eyes.... Well..it's fantastic. I know some people here seem to struggle more than I do with it, but hell, what more motivation can you need than being able to look in the mirror and to see yourself transforming back into a person you remember from long ago but that you had thought was lost for good?

Sticking to this diet is worth every ounce of struggle that you need to put in. It isn't hard, but it does take focus and it does mean changes in mental attitude and lifestyle, but as all those changes are for the better and for more positive healthier choices then they can be welcomed, not feared.

Last edited:
So nice to see ur progress so far and thanks for inspiration...I was feeling a bit down with my weightloss so far but I guess will keep going as far as I had planned initially.

Les see where and how far I reach.

Will see you around.

bahahaha!! I was just about to delete my tracker cos it was bugging me. I thought it was saying 46lb gone, 114lb to go and that seemed like a very very long way. I only just noticed that it ACTUALLY says 46lb gone and just 68lb to go. Hahahaha, now THAT seems much more achievable :D

46lbs in 8 weeks! What an excellent weight loss - you are on a roll!!!! :D

I know it's just amazing, I feel better, I look better, I have more energy, I'm more focused and awake, I'm sleeping better. Seriously I came onto this diet because my doctor told me my health was at risk if I didn't lose weight and get fitter, but it's done far more than improve my health, it's made me feel 10 years younger and made me much more active. It's like I've got a fresh start and a chance to do so many things that I thought I just would never be able to do. I really like the Looks of he person I am strtIg to see in the mirror in the morning!

Back