Hi there!

mikeyB said:
I agree with you, it does seem magical! I'm not doing anything at all special, I'm just using Cambridge diet sole source. There's no trick to it, other than perhaps the fact that I am genuinely sticking to it 100%. 2-3 weeks ago I had to stop wearing my work suits (or clown suits as my colleagues had dubbed them as I shrank inside them) as they had become stupidly big. I started wearing suits that fit me, but here I am a couple of weeks later and the new suits are starting to look too big.

In my first post on this forum, in this thread, I said that I had never been on a diet before. Now all I can say is that I wish I'd done Cambridge years ago! If I'd known it was this easy to almost see weight drop off before your eyes.... Well..it's fantastic. I know some people here seem to struggle more than I do with it, but hell, what more motivation can you need than being able to look in the mirror and to see yourself transforming back into a person you remember from long ago but that you had thought was lost for good?

Sticking to this diet is worth every ounce of struggle that you need to put in. It isn't hard, but it does take focus and it does mean changes in mental attitude and lifestyle, but as all those changes are for the better and for more positive healthier choices then they can be welcomed, not feared.

Thank u for this post x just gave me the will to stick to this difficult day as I'm sure things will be worth it x I have been on the diet for 3 and a half week and today I'm light headed so feel abit ill but like u just said will be worth it x I'm plodding on through this rough day to hopefully be where u are soon x thank u x

Lmao!! I just bumped into a friend who I haven't seen for ages. Se was shocked, said how amazing I looked and asked me if I had had a gastric band fitted! Lol

Lmao!! I just bumped into a friend who I haven't seen for ages. Se was shocked, said how amazing I looked and asked me if I had had a gastric band fitted! Lol

I put on my facebook that I'd lost weight and someone asked me if I'd had a gastric band....so much for my sheer hard work and determination...;)

LeaE said:
Thank u for this post x just gave me the will to stick to this difficult day as I'm sure things will be worth it x I have been on the diet for 3 and a half week and today I'm light headed so feel abit ill but like u just said will be worth it x I'm plodding on through this rough day to hopefully be where u are soon x thank u x

You're very welcome, after 3 weeks I hope you are having good results. Make sure you stick to it, don't have less than your allowance and make sure you take all of the water that's recommended, my CDC tells me that light headed ness can be experienced if you don't take enough water

Keep up the good work, iirc we started at similar times. Only-2lb off for me this week but 45lb overall in 8 weeks.

I am drinking loads and have all my cd products its totm for 3 weeks which is normal for some on this just draining but thank u to u I got through that god awful day and I feel good now x wi tomoz so better be worth it x

For some reason, this week has been the week that people have really started to comment. Maybe I've bumped into a lot of people I haven't seen for a while but I'm getting comment after comment about how good I am looking and you know the best thing about it all is... I agree with them. I'm looking damned good and I know it!

Last edited:
:) That's the spirit!!

That reminds me, I must get out to some shops, I currently have no trousers that fit, they all look like clowns trousers, I've been wearing shorts for the last week or so. Thankfully I have a job where wearing shorts is normal.

Gonzo said:
That reminds me, I must get out to some shops, I currently have no trousers that fit, they all look like clowns trousers, I've been wearing shorts for the last week or so. Thankfully I have a job where wearing shorts is normal.

I want a job where I can wear shorts! I hate having to wear suits all the time

i'm having to rethink my goal weight. I actually set it based on a goal BMI of 25, being a 'healthy' BMI for my height. However, some people have pointed out to me that if I actually went down to 13 stone i'd look ridiculous and I think they might have a point, as I have always been large framed (and i dont mean that as a euphemism for fat, I mean genuinely very broad shouldered and a large chest, even when i was in 32 waist trousers). The last time i remember looking my best, back in my navy days, i was actually about 14 stone but... at my height that isnt in the "healthy" BMI range. I'm not really sure what to think

I have been reading a bit about BMI lately and it was only ever supposed to be a guideline. Apparently fat % is more important - I think you can get scales to measure this but I don't understand how they work. Probably best to get to 14 stones and then see if there are any fat bits left - not as scientific!

Daisy65 said:
I have been reading a bit about BMI lately and it was only ever supposed to be a guideline. Apparently fat % is more important - I think you can get scales to measure this but I don't understand how they work. Probably best to get to 14 stones and then see if there are any fat bits left - not as scientific!

Sounds like a plan!

My target weight is also based on my BMI being 25, which would mean I need to lose another 10 kilo's. At the rate I'm losing now (a kilo a week) I just can't bear having to do this for another 10 weeks. I'm fitting into size 12/14 trousers, so I think I will stop when I get to fit into a 12 properly. I am at that point where it really is a massive trial sticking to the diet, not like the first couple of months where you see such a huge difference every month. I'll be honest, I'm tired of this now. :(

I am at that point where it really is a massive trial sticking to the diet, not like the first couple of months where you see such a huge difference every month. I'll be honest, I'm tired of this now. :(

How long you been doing it? and have you seen a huge slow down in weight loss?

Weigh in day today. I'm feeling great, which s bad news cos I always lose most when I don't thinking lost anything !

Good luck for your weigh-in! Just cause you feel great doesn't mean it won't be a good one!!! :)

Back