Hi, Thought I might sign up

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FatTony, 13 March 2011 Social URL.

1. FatTony

FatTony Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.16%)
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Hi all, Ive Been doing the Slimming World diet for a few months now, with some success largely down to the advice from this site when not at my weigh in, just thought I would sign up and maybe try to help others that need help, and to try and get any additional help I may need. I'm a 30ish old bloke, who was a bit hesitant of joining a website that seemed to have mainly female members, but as I over came my fears about joining a slimming class that I thought was going to be full of women I guess it shouldn't be too bad here.

Hopefully I can stay motivated to stick with this with your help and support, and will try to offer mine whenever it is needed

Last edited: 13 March 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome Tony! It's great to have any new members and I think it's fab you bit the bullet and didnt let the fact that you're a bloke put you off joining.

Do you mind me asking how youre getting on and what you've lost so far?

I absolutely love minimins, I'm doing SW from home and lost 1 stone since 14th jan. Couldn't have done it without the support and advise from the lovely people on here.

There's some great threads on here, I have a real giggle with some of the girls, and it's fab for sharing tried and tested recipes.

X

4. FatTony

FatTony Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.16%)
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Ive lost about 3 stone in 4 months, had great losses with SW at first, even if I thought at the time It was impossible to lose anything following a diet that allowed me to eat unlimited chicken and rice, and full breakfasts. had a few weeks when I was just maintaining my weight and have even had a gain, but they where mainly my fault. Just tried adding that tracker thingy to my posts, hope it works

5. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow that's brilliant, well done you! So what days do you do? I'm guessing from the chicken & rice comment you do EE right?

I love SW for exactly the reasons you thought you wouldn't lose on it. I love my food so all the diets out there where you eat like a sparrow or live off grass and garden materials don't quite hit the spot for me!!! I'm a curry and rice girl so I'm loving my SW curries.

I can highly recommend the mushy pea curry if you haven't already tried it? If you haven't.... I know I know you're probably thinking WTF mushy peas in a curry, but trust me, from a curry queen it was actually yummy!

How you finding minimins so far?

6. FatTony

FatTony Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.16%)
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Thanks, you have done well yourself, it is EE I'm on as I like my meat wouldn't last long if I had to do the green plan, MiniMins is great, lots of ideas on how to make great food that don't pile the weight on, Ive made a baked been curry sauce(baked beans blitzed with a bit of stock, and curry powder) very nice with SW chips, I'm guessing The Mushy pea recipe is pretty much the same?

7. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah just replace the beans with mushy peas!

I'm also on EE, been struggling to use my syns a bit, but I've come up with a few dessert ideas for this week so hoping I have a decent loss when I weigh in at home on Friday.

Like you, I can't live off the green days, I feel like someones robbed the meat off my plate if I have just rice or noodles or something. And quorn ewwww, sorry in advance to all quorn lovers, but if you're a meat eater like me then Its got to be 100% real meat!

8. FatTony

FatTony Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.16%)
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    :(Ive just bought some quorn burgers to give em a go, never tried it before but a few of the girls from the weekly class said they were nice, I'm guessing now they are not as tasty as they where making out. oh well theres a SW approved butchers not far away.

9. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Dont just take my word for it, I'm a fussy eater. Give them a go, if you find them a bit bland there's always ketchup!

10. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Congratulations. I see you are doing very well

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.