Hi, Thought I might sign up

FatTony

Hi all, Ive Been doing the Slimming World diet for a few months now, with some success largely down to the advice from this site when not at my weigh in, just thought I would sign up and maybe try to help others that need help, and to try and get any additional help I may need. I'm a 30ish old bloke, who was a bit hesitant of joining a website that seemed to have mainly female members, but as I over came my fears about joining a slimming class that I thought was going to be full of women I guess it shouldn't be too bad here.

Hopefully I can stay motivated to stick with this with your help and support, and will try to offer mine whenever it is needed

Last edited:
FatTony said:
Hi all, Ive Been doing the Slimming World diet for a few months now, with some success largely down to the advice from this site when not at my weigh in, just thought I would sign up and maybe try to help others that need help, and to try and get any additional help I may need. I'm a 30ish old bloke, who was a bit hesitant of joining a website that seemed to have mainly female members, but as I over came my fears about joining a slimming class that I thought was going to be full of women I guess it shouldn't be too bad here.

Hopefully I can stay motivated to stick with this with your help and support, and will try to offer mine whenever it is needed

Welcome Tony! It's great to have any new members and I think it's fab you bit the bullet and didnt let the fact that you're a bloke put you off joining.

Do you mind me asking how youre getting on and what you've lost so far?

I absolutely love minimins, I'm doing SW from home and lost 1 stone since 14th jan. Couldn't have done it without the support and advise from the lovely people on here.

There's some great threads on here, I have a real giggle with some of the girls, and it's fab for sharing tried and tested recipes.

X

Ive lost about 3 stone in 4 months, had great losses with SW at first, even if I thought at the time It was impossible to lose anything following a diet that allowed me to eat unlimited chicken and rice, and full breakfasts. had a few weeks when I was just maintaining my weight and have even had a gain, but they where mainly my fault. Just tried adding that tracker thingy to my posts, hope it works

Wow that's brilliant, well done you! So what days do you do? I'm guessing from the chicken & rice comment you do EE right?

I love SW for exactly the reasons you thought you wouldn't lose on it. I love my food so all the diets out there where you eat like a sparrow or live off grass and garden materials don't quite hit the spot for me!!! I'm a curry and rice girl so I'm loving my SW curries.

I can highly recommend the mushy pea curry if you haven't already tried it? If you haven't.... I know I know you're probably thinking WTF mushy peas in a curry, but trust me, from a curry queen it was actually yummy!

How you finding minimins so far?

Thanks, you have done well yourself, it is EE I'm on as I like my meat wouldn't last long if I had to do the green plan, MiniMins is great, lots of ideas on how to make great food that don't pile the weight on, Ive made a baked been curry sauce(baked beans blitzed with a bit of stock, and curry powder) very nice with SW chips, I'm guessing The Mushy pea recipe is pretty much the same?

Yeah just replace the beans with mushy peas!

I'm also on EE, been struggling to use my syns a bit, but I've come up with a few dessert ideas for this week so hoping I have a decent loss when I weigh in at home on Friday.

Like you, I can't live off the green days, I feel like someones robbed the meat off my plate if I have just rice or noodles or something. And quorn ewwww, sorry in advance to all quorn lovers, but if you're a meat eater like me then Its got to be 100% real meat!

:(Ive just bought some quorn burgers to give em a go, never tried it before but a few of the girls from the weekly class said they were nice, I'm guessing now they are not as tasty as they where making out. oh well theres a SW approved butchers not far away.

Dont just take my word for it, I'm a fussy eater. Give them a go, if you find them a bit bland there's always ketchup!

Back