Hi

bev#

Sorry I just posted on the Challenges board in a panick and didnt reading the important bits first :eek::eek:

Im 40 :eek: this year and basically have a few health conditions that mean the weight Im carrying is detrimental.

I came across minimins when I was in a panick earlier about a charity sponsored weightloss I have committed myself to and hopefully will be able to find support amongst others in the same position.

I have a weigh in on Saturday to start the challenge and am really worried as to what I have done. That is me being a weakling with no will power!

Ask me a question if you like!

Bev

How much have you committed to losing? I've often wondered if a sponsored weight loss would help with my wayward commitment.

Hi Judith,

I have committed to lose two stone, but for my height etc. I should lose 2 1/2.

Im being realistic here! (I hope ;))

Im also finishing with a high profile ball at the beginning of December Im on the organising team for and have to fit into a ball gown :eek:.

I must admit my commitment to losing this weight is major compared to the other long list of diets I have been on. Maybe its the heavy hand I need to keep me on track.

Thanks

Bev

Hi Bev,

I have set a target of 60 lbs but would be ecstatic to lose 2 stone - the clothes I could get back out of the wardrobe!!! The ball sounds like a great goal and 8 months away is a sensible pound a week - just think if you do better than that its a bonus and you'll have some maintenance time before Christmas strikes. Will be very interested to know how you get on.

Judi

Thanks Judith. Im going to keep a diary. Christmas and diet are :break_diet:to me lol.

Can I ask how did you set up your nice ticker counter?

Bev

Hey Bev, just read your "panicky" post on the other thread. My only bit of advice would be to have some sort of plan for losing weight (I notice you didn't like WW). If you just set out to "eat less" or guess what will work you may fall into the trap of just spending long hours trying not to eat and feeling guilty when you "give in". I feel I've been on so many diets that I know that I know what to do - its just doing it thats the problem. I'm doing calorie-counting at the moment supported by a Slimfast breakfast each day. What are you going to try?

Thanks Judith. Im going to keep a diary. Christmas and diet are :break_diet:to me lol.

Can I ask how did you set up your nice ticker counter?

Bev

Found it in the advice sticker for new members - info is on at least two different threads. Its clever isn't it?

Hi Bev, how's it going? Hope you are having a good weekend. Judi x

Back