HI

ShazzyP

Hi all, im new to this, joined slimming world last wednesday and cant believe how much it says i can eat free.........is it for real lol.......they have got a food tasting night next week when i go and would like some tips or ideas as what i can take....... well done to everyone who has lost so much weight so far, really impressed and cant wait to see if its working for me when i go back next week.....:p

Hi & welcome
im doing sw from home after years of ww & much prefer sw, why not look on the recipies part of this site to find some ideas of what to take, im thinking of cucumber/carrot/pepper sticks & a syn free dip like quark with curry powder or chilli powder mixed thru, iv heard of sw crisps made with lasagne sheets, 1 cal spray fry in pan with the sheets covered untill cooked & gone crispy then add flavour, chilli/salt & vinegar or what you like, hope someone else better at sw can help you soon, goodluck x

I'm going to have a bash at mini mince pies- got a reciped for 3.5 syns per mini pie. Also- one lady doesn't like mince pies so I will make her some jam tarts. Syns work out the same :)

Just so you know, SW dont advocate the crisps with lasagne sheets any more and the consultants are discouraged from suggesting this as an idea. Its because you arent using the food as it is intended to be used.

Sorry :embarrassed smiley:

Whatever you take, make sure it is labelled so that people know what the ingredients are. It is awful to take a piece of something and find out that it has something in it you can't stand. It is even worse to peer at something and decide not to take the risk and find out later that you would have liked it!!

Hi and welcome. Yep you can eat until you feel full and so long as you follow the plan - it works. EXCITING ISN'T IT.

I did WW years and years ago and lost all my weight and stayed at target for 7 years through two pregnancies. Then they changed the plan - having had to rejoin a couple of times I found myself starving all the time with limited points.

NOT so with SW. It really does work. Good luck for your journey.

Re taster night - we have ours too - I am doing the Christmas Couscous Cake - don't know what it tastes like - I didn't like the lemon Couscous cake I made before - so thought that with fruit mincemeat in it might taste a bit better - and I think it's about 3 syns per square.

Good thing about labeling - we had a taster before and I didn't try somethings because I am intolerant to Quorn and some of the dishes people took in had quorn in them but only because I asked.

Anyway, sorry to go off track. GOOD LUCK again, hope you have a GREAT start to you SW journey.

Gilly x

Do all SW groups do these food tastings!? They sound like a great idea. I bought the slimming world mag at work today and there are some amazing recipes and stories in there. Perhaps there's something in there you could make and take with you to the WI?

thank u everyone for ur help, i weighed myself earlier and even thou i have followed the plan and not cheated at all the last week the scales say im the same weight :( ........dont understand it, hope i get a miracle before my weigh in tomo nite...... ive followed everything but just not used all my syns, has this happened to anyone else.....my friend who joined with me has lost 4lb, well done to her xx

thank u everyone for ur help, i weighed myself earlier and even thou i have followed the plan and not cheated at all the last week the scales say im the same weight :( ........dont understand it, hope i get a miracle before my weigh in tomo nite...... ive followed everything but just not used all my syns, has this happened to anyone else.....my friend who joined with me has lost 4lb, well done to her xx

Read this thread - it applies to you too ;)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/171619-just-got-scales-i-think-i-may-cry.html

Back