Hi

MrsShrek

Hi
I'm another returnee to Slimming World although I have to say I've fallen out with some of the recent changes and if I do it, it will be the 'old' way that I know well. I first did it 2002-2004 and lost 4st. Then massive lifestyle change; new partner, new job, new friends, new social life ... and since starting said new job in 2004, I put each of my 4st back on, each of the first 4 years I was there. Rejoined SW in 2008 and lost 1.5st before getting married - and managed to only put about 5lbs on whilst on my 3wk honeymoon in the US - but after coming back I just didn't do it properly and eventually dropped out of class in the summer of 2009. With support from friends I met there, I took myself back in Sept 2009 but just couldn't get myself into the zone. That said, it was only when my Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer in May 2010 that I actually stopped going - on the basis that there were some things in life just more important than trying to lose weight. He passed away on 22 Feb this year.

I've been using MyFitnessPal for calorie-counting and it's been an eye-opener, but then I get annoyed when I see things like fruit, which I know would be free on SW, costing me calories. So I decided to have a go at doing an SW food diary again. I don't want to rejoin class and I would like to stick with what I know. I found as a longstanding SW follower that EE didn't really work for me, although I do still use the theory in certain meals (lasagne, for instance, which I love) and I have issues with portion-sizes.

My hubby is also very overweight and has recently mentioned that he really needs to do something like SW.

On the one hand, I'm ok with being who I am and I have a reasonable self-image but then occasionally I'll see myself and be reminded that I really could use a bit of weight off. Ideally, I would like to just get back to size 16 (I'm an 18/20 depending on garment, 22 in jeans for comfort) - I feel my days of being a 10/12 are well behind me (I'm 39 next month) and I guess I'm aiming for my 40th birthday as a target.

Back