Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Char_333, 26 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Char_333

Char_333 New Member

Hello! I'm new to this site, and looking forward to getting any tips and support anyone has to offer...
    I am trying the Atkins diet tomorrow, does anyone have any history with this diet?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. missfortissimo

missfortissimo addicted to minimins

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Getting rid of starches/sugar/unnecessary fats.
    I lost about 30 lbs with this diet when I was fourteen. It was the biggest loss of my life (at least it will be until I'm done re-losing the same weight). My dad does the Atkins diet and has had quite a bit of success with it.

Just a warning -- it may take 2-3 weeks for weight to start coming off of you. Your body will be adjusting to what you are taking in and it will be making changes to how it gets its energy (it will get stored energy from your body instead of from the food).

My tips: Be PATIENT, eat green veggies each day, and stick to the lean meats! Some of the Atkins dessert bars are quite lovely.
  4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Have a look at the Atkins section to see how others have found the diet. Good luck.

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.