Hi!

QueenOmi

Hi all :D,

Planning on starting my diet on Monday. So nervous. I'm one of these people who keep starting and falling off the wagon! I'm getting married in 2013 and I refuse to walk down the aisle the size I am. I'm a size 16 (but shortly pushing a 18) but I want to get down to a 10-12 within the next year. I'd love some support and maybe suggestions for diets? I just plan on a low fat diet. Aiming for 1500 calories a day and some exercise. :break_diet: I'm terrified I'm going to be miserable on this!!!

Hi there and welcome!

You've come to the right place for support and advice, everyone is really friendly on here!

As for which diet/plan to go with, why don't you have a look around the individual boards and see if there's anything you fancy. On some plans you don't have to deprive yourself and it won't be a chore, it's more a way of changing your eating habits than going on a strict diet.

Good luck - there is no better motivation than a wedding! :D

Welcome and good luck with the weight loss, the wedding is a great motivation, keep a photo of the dress you want to be in around and look at it every time you feel low, it worked for a friend of mine, hope it does the same for you.

Jean

The wedding is a great incentive. Put pics of wedding dresses etc on your fridge door for inspiration.

Good luck.

We also have a Brides to be section.

Irene xx

Thanks ladies! Awww...I feel supported already. Good idea about the photo of the dress. Thanks.

The problem is portion size and maybe the wrong foods for me. I'm not a snacker and I only eat lunch and dinner most days (which I know is a weight loss no no!) so I've started to try and eat breakfast. I just love meat and fatty foods so much! Real savoury tooth! Ekk!

Back