Hi

BrightSide

Hi all,

I'm a newb, signing up to hopefully find some mutual support and motivation in my quest to get my BMI down from 40 to something in the 'ok' range. It's going to be a challenging road, but one that I feel strangely excited to be walking. I've been overweight since childhood, but a whole string of personal eeks in my late teens/early 20s I piled on the weight - being over 25 stone at my heaviest (I stopped counting beyond that!). I'm now 37, in a better place in my life (sorted out much of my past, married, got a job that I love and a good network of friends) and am ready to sort out my relationship with food. Over the past 10 years I've lost 5 stones ... in a meandering way that was more by healthy eating and exercise than by following any specific diet. But the meandering bit means that for the last couple of years I've hovered around 20 - 21st and have been feeling a little stuck. With my biological clock ticking at an increasing speed, I know I need to take control or risk never having a child with my husband (I want to get down to a safer weight before trying). I've done OK so far by myself, but I know I need to be much more focussed if I'm going to reach my goal.

So, tomorrow I'm starting the Cambridge Weight Plan (i'm seeing my consultant for the first time this pm). It feels a little daunting, but following something a bit more intense may give me the structure I need and help kick start things again. My husband is (thankfully) supportive - after we had a good chat about it, that is. I'm pretty optimistic ... but realistic too. I've been overweight my whole life, and I know that I need to change my food-mindset as much as what I put in my mouth.

So, that said here's a giant 'hello' to everyone on here - whether you are new, like me, or someone who has been around a fair while. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Happy 2015.

Hi Brightside

All ready to go tomorrow? I will be spending Saturday and Sunday preparing by cutting out all carbs.

Have my weigh-in Monday and am not sure yet but think I am going to aim to lose 20kg or 44lbs.

You will do really well :)

Hi, thanks for the positive vibes :)

Well, I'm part way through Day 1 and it's going pretty well so far. It's 'that time' of the month, so I feel pretty horrific anyhow - but other than being a bit lightheaded on the walk to the supermarket this afternoon and a bit of a headache, I've been feeling pretty good. I'm starting on Step 2 (so I still have a meal with my hubby) so am looking forward to an uber healthy prawn thing tonight. Keeping busy to make sure I'm not obsessing about food too much, but all in all it feels pretty manageable. The CWP products I've had so far are pretty good - A butterscotch shake and a lemon yoghurt bar. Next up is some rice pudding (which i'm a little more dubious about as I love rice pudding ... but i'm going to give it a try).

It feels really good to be doing something very definitive to change myself ... hoping this vibe will carry me through any initial challenges.

Hope you're having a good weekend

Back