Hi!

butterflykiss

Hi everyone. I found this forum yesterday and had to sign up after seeing the slide show with all the before and after pics.

I just started CD yesterday as part of my overall plan to jump start my life. It's been pretty much off the rails all my adult life and the last five or so years have been particularly difficult. I'm an emotional over-eater and I tend to binge on rubbish and not have proper meals etc.

I'm 20 stone now, which is the heaviest I've ever been. I lost 5 stone on LL about 4 or 5 years ago, but then started secret eating so I sabotaged myself.

Since then I've been through a near marriage break up, incredible amounts of debt and have suffered from PTS over things which shouldn't have happened to me when I was young, with the ensuing depression and anxiety.

I'm now at a place where I'm ready to let go of my marriage and my house to repay the debts and move on in life. My husband is still my best friend but it's time we moved apart.

I'm embarking on a new adventure where I'm going to finally sort myself out. Carrying all this extra weight has been like having an overbearing twin attached to me, who has been given all the attention and the real me has been ignored.

Sorry to reveal so much in an introduction thread, but there was something deliciously cathartic about doing it!

I hope I can be a friend and support others through the hard times, as I know I will need some support when I'm finding it tough.

Thanks for reading!

Lisa xxx

Hi Lisa, a lot been going on in your life then, lets hope this can be a fresh start and welcome to minimins.

Hi Guys, argh i'm confused at this site a little bit haha, don't know where to start. I'm new to this site n e ways, lost two stone so far since 05/01/2009 and i intend to lose alot more, fingers crossed. Congratulations to everyone! :)

Hi Lisa, I know where you are coming from, though I have a great life now I have crept up to 19.6 due to emotional eating (from the past family issues).But you know what you should be proud of yourself for now deciding enough is enough. That there is your first step, giant one at that and you know things that happen to us in life often happens for a reason, maybe the reason being that you will be able to help others in the future. So now you've done the dirty work, the rest is for you now so, get slimming, start feeling good, and start life over. Good luck & God bless luvvy x x x Lainie x x x

Back