High Fat Food - Effects on your body

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
I'll try to not makes this post TMI.

I just wondered if anyone else has noticed that since doing SW, if you eat a high fat food ie Big Mac does it have an adverse effects on your tummy and other areas?

I was out with hubby and ended up in mcdonalds and a little while later my body decided it didn't like it lol if you get what I mean lol

I'm guessing its cause, I've being eating SW now for a month my body has got used to healthy food

If I eat anything fatty i get terrible tummy ache about half an hour after then end up with diarrhoea a few hours later. Just goes to show how quickly your body gets used to a healthy diet.

Same here - I daren't eat pizza (the big fat juicy takeaway type) at all, as that much cheese is NOT a good thing now!

I had 3 naughty days over the New Year (good over Xmas) & boy did I suffer......the loo saw more of me than my husband!!!

I'll try to not makes this post TMI.

I just wondered if anyone else has noticed that since doing SW, if you eat a high fat food ie Big Mac does it have an adverse effects on your tummy and other areas?

I was out with hubby and ended up in mcdonalds and a little while later my body decided it didn't like it lol if you get what I mean lol

I'm guessing its cause, I've being eating SW now for a month my body has got used to healthy food

I have definetly noticed a change if I now have something bad.
Chip shop food is a big no no, I used to once in a blue moon buy us a chippy as a treat but the last one we had left us both feeling really sick & bloated.

And things like pizza, kebab etc are just not right. I get terrible tummy pains and toilet isssues lol!

Will stick to sw friendly foods hahaha xxx

Just to buck the trend (and to be awkward of course)

I have been SW for approx 14 weeks. In that time, I have had two meals off plan. One was the day before weigh-in at a fish and chip restaurant in Sunderland. Met my mate who travelled up from Sunderland. Had Cod, chips, batter & mushy peas, bread roll and butter and instead of tea/coffee opted for diet coke.

I enjoyed it immensely, not only that but couldn't eat it all and gave my mate my untouched bread roll and butter (a victory in itself for me). I had no guilt pangs, and no problems with toiletting or grease overload.

my main concern was doing this the afternoon before weight-in. I managed 1.5lb loss and slimmer of the week on 29th December - yes it might have been more, but it was a special occasion lol

In fairness I would not do the same for a BK or Macdonalds as I can make my own Actifry chips, chicken pieces or healthy burgers & salad just as well.

I feel it when I have greasy food. I had a chippy for tea tonight after bowing (not that much) pursuasion and now i've got terrible tummy ache!!
Back to SW foods tomorrow!!

I'm off work with an inflamed gallbladder and am wondering if it was caused by allowing myself to have treats etc over xmas and new year :confused: my body certainly reacts when i have fatty foods etc now

It is eating fatty foods that upsets the gallbladder. I had gallstones last year and was really poorly. My GP told me that being on a low fat diet (SW) may have caused the gallstones as the bile would have been sat for a long period crystalising as it wasn't needed, and thus turned into stones. Then on the odd occasion I did have a treat, the body calls on the gallbladder to release bile into the bowel to help digest the fat. This in turn upset the gallbladder because of the presence of the stones. I was really unlucky just before xmas 2009 when a stone made a bid for freedom and got stuck near my pancreas - I can not tell you how painful it was, and ended up in hospital for 8 days.

Anyway I now had my GB taken out and had no more problems.

I hope you get well soon and have no recurrence.

I'm always really affected by fatty foods too once I've started eating healthily for a couple of weeks. I have exactly the same problems as others have mentioned. It's good to know I'm not the only one! :D

It is eating fatty foods that upsets the gallbladder. I had gallstones last year and was really poorly. My GP told me that being on a low fat diet (SW) may have caused the gallstones as the bile would have been sat for a long period crystalising as it wasn't needed, and thus turned into stones. Then on the odd occasion I did have a treat, the body calls on the gallbladder to release bile into the bowel to help digest the fat. This in turn upset the gallbladder because of the presence of the stones. I was really unlucky just before xmas 2009 when a stone made a bid for freedom and got stuck near my pancreas - I can not tell you how painful it was, and ended up in hospital for 8 days.

Anyway I now had my GB taken out and had no more problems.

I hope you get well soon and have no recurrence.

I have IBS it only takes about a minute from eating something greasy and im curled up in a ball in agony i had it before i started the plan though.

I will report back after my McDs on Friday that Im so looking foward to!

I'm intrigued to know what you're having too!! Sorry just that there are so many better alternatives....I'm just so anti-McDonalds lol :) xx

Back