Hiya, Newbie here...help!

Hi All,

Im a member of slimming world and have been for bout 7 weeks. Im not feeling good about myself and find myself not sticking to it 100% now :cry: (STRUGGLING)
I love meat so like original days but as i hate veg i find it hard to have anything with my meat and find myself eating the same stuff over and over and now im getting sick of it. I do like green days and find them easier to find something to eat.

I have done SW before and have had stopped it and i dont want to do that as i have lost 10lbs. Doesnt help that we haven't got a kitchen at mo as we renovating but cant really use that as an excuse. Camping stove works well...lol!

I have even been looking at gastric band as a resolution but would rather do it myself.
Do any of you find that you eating same stuff? Any advice or kick up the backside accepted...lol!

Initially I preferred red to green, but of late I have started to mix to max so I get a lot more variety and am not restricted early in the day to what I can have later. It certainly works for me.
A typical day would be
B - w/meal toast (HexB), baked beans, egg (ie green meal)
L - stewing steak and veg (ie red meal)
D - salmon, veg, potatoes (HexB)
For snacks I would stick to homemade veg soup, fruit and yoghurts - ie free on both.
Syns, you have to take the highest number if there's a difference, but as most of my syns are used on wine it doesn't matter.

You've come so far, don't give up now. As you've found that SW works and that with a bit of adjustment you can stick with it, don't reach any quick decisions about surgery. Give it a good chance and get looking through the magazines and books and the recipe thread on here for inspiration and ideas for variety.

Good luck.

Hi hun,

I can relate totally to everything you have said. I have lost almost 8 stone at SW in the past and gained over 6 stone of it back over a few years so I feel right back at square 1. How long will the building work take? Do you have a friend or family member close by that you could go and cook stuff up in batches so you could freeze it then just microwave when needed? Are there any veggies that you do like?

I find that if I don't vary my food to keep me interested then I get bored and start to cheat but at the end of the day we're only cheating ourselves.

Who are you doing this for?
Do you have a special occassion, holiday planned or are you just fed up with being fat?
I know it sounds harsh but if you're not doing it for yourself then you are going to really struggle!!

Hi,
I can totally empathise as i dont really like veggies either. There are one or two... eg peas and leeks that dont offend me so I find I'm eating these a lot! I think planning ahead is def the future and once you've found 5 or 6 good main meals for each day, it should keep you goin a while! Check out threads on here for recipes. Also, use motivational tools like the one on the SW website (you need a password from your consultant person to join) - its good to see the little bar moving down! Chin up :)

I forgot... also, there is a thread on here called "calling all 100%ers" or something.... thats people trying to give SW a really good go for a week... maybe see who's there & get stuck in!

Thanks all. I think once we have kitchen fitted and cupboards to put things in, i will be able to plan ahead and be able to cook with an oven and not just camping stove...woohoo! :D:bliss:

Well i really am feeling more motivated now and am going to join the 100%ers...really stuck to it today and will carry on doing and fingers crossed on Wednesday i will have a loss.

I know it can be a nightmare when you have no kitchen. We sell and fit kitchens and my hubby did ours in April and it was a nightmare! I know from our customers how hard it is, they usually end up in McDonalds!

So dont beat yourself up too much!

I had 2 months without a kitchen and its amazing how inventive you can become with a camping stove! Lol
I am a bander, but am opting to stick to the SW plan, as I can eat healthily.
Until you have your kitchen installed, try and stick to the green days, have packets of the Pasta n Sauce, rice and noodles to hand (all easy to prepare on a camping stove), baked beans, quorn sausages...red days, bacon omlette, steak, chicken breasts.
It might be easier to tell us what you dont eat, and then I can have a think for you and perhaps make some suggestions??
Dont give up hope Hun....things will improve and well done for perservering!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Hi hun,

I can relate totally to everything you have said. I have lost almost 8 stone at SW in the past and gained over 6 stone of it back over a few years so I feel right back at square 1. How long will the building work take? Do you have a friend or family member close by that you could go and cook stuff up in batches so you could freeze it then just microwave when needed? Are there any veggies that you do like?

Kitchen shall be in by Christmas. I can eat Peas/Mushrooms and couple of Sprouts and thats bout it in the veggie dept.

I find that if I don't vary my food to keep me interested then I get bored and start to cheat but at the end of the day we're only cheating ourselves.

Who are you doing this for?
Do you have a special occassion, holiday planned or are you just fed up with being fat?

Totally fed up of being fat and am doing this for myself, my hubby book of time for next years hol but not yet book it but would to lose for that. Also have 2 young boys that i want to be able to play without being so unfit.

I know it sounds harsh but if you're not doing it for yourself then you are going to really struggle!!

Bless my hubby he is doing this with me too, comes to classes and everything not that he needs to lose weight but he is a good support, but i aint told him how unhappy i actually am.

Well i am going to try really hard not to cheat this and see how it goes!
Thanks ladies for your advice and kind words.

Lea :)

Back