Holiday Comparison Pics! :)

boggins

Silver Member
What....on....EARTH has happened to MiniMins in my absence? Huh? No more holidays for me- everything changes while I'm gone! ;)

I got back from Jordan today, very tired and a few pounds heavier than when I left (airline meal choices were potato or pasta...
:rolleyes:), but I figure this is a good time for some 10-months-in before and afters. I'm not finished yet, so these are not going in the "success" threads- for Atkins eyes only!

Hope this inspires you if you're struggling- this is what losing about 100lbs can do for your holiday snaps! (I only started weighing myself after I'd already lost some, so my total pounds gone is more than it says on my profile and ticker, I'm not sure exactly how much, but over 100lb).

3 before photos: January 2011, Santa Monica beach, Los Angeles:

<image redacted...I'm shy!>

April 2011, St David's Head, west Wales, and July 2011, Aveyron Valley, France (attachments, for some reason??):

...and 2 "during" photos, taken in the last week, in Jordan:

<pix removed so I don't end up on YouTube in someones before and after vid>

YES the seatbelt in the plane did up and had a "tail", and yes the tray table lay flat, not on my belly, and the arm rests stayed down, and YES I did keep playing with the seatbelt and tray in delight! My OH was laughing at me as I kept showing him the seatbelt, and slipping my hands between the arm rests and my body because there's a gap there now! :D I also walked for HOURS around Petra, it is HUGE and much of it uphill...lots of uphill- try 30 minutes of steps to get to the Monastery. Very glad not to have been lugging 100lb of blubber along for the ride! :eek:

Last edited:
Boggins you look AMAZING! Well done hunny !!! You look SOOO slim - and well done on the plane .. that is one thing I am really looking forward to on our honeymoon .. flying longhall and being able to MOVE in my seat (maybe ill ever be able to cross my legs .. now that would be insane!) Jordan is incredible, I love the middle East .. Petra is stunning .. I felt like Indiana Jones! At the time I was 15.8 odd stone and really struggled!! xxxx

WELL DONE !!! :D

Hi boggins, great to see your journey photos so far - you have done amazingly:D. And i know the feeling in the plane seats - i was so happy in february when i could sit easily in the middle seat on easy jet without the arm rests on my hips:)

Keep it up!

Thanks for posting your pictures. You look amazing and I am getting re-inspired.

That is an amazing achievement well done xxx

aww boggie how well you've done !!!!!!!!!!
glad you had a lovely time.
welcome back.

Wow, boggins, you've done brilliantly! I haven't seen the "success" threads so I don't know why you feel you don't yet belong, but you sure look like a success to me! :D

I haven't flown for years - phobic :( - but my car seat has been giving me a similar sense of triumph for a while now. At my biggest (4 months ago), the seat belt mechanism was digging into the side of my hip quite painfully, but now I'm not wide enough for it to touch me let alone dig in - little things like that feel so good! :D

Losing over 100lbs is some achievement - must have been incredibly daunting when you started out? - and you must feel soooooo much better for it. Congrats!:D

Boggy! You're back! And you're pics are amazing, you gorgeous my sweet!
Xxxx

You look fanastic - love the smile. Also, you reminded me about the whole quality of life thing - at my heaviest I remember only just managing to fit in the plane seat, not wanting to go snorkelling in case I couldn't get back into the boat and also not wanting to go to Petra because I couldn't walk around in the heat (chaffing!).

So glad you had a great time!

Wow! You look fantastic, so very pleased for you, can't believe how much younger you look. Well done :)

Stunning photos boggins!!! Well done - such an amazing achievement! You must be so chuffed! Xxx

Thanks all! If nothing else I'm proof that even if you've been obese for a decade or more, you CAN lose a significant amount of weight. Don't ever give up! Amazingly I am now just under the weight I was when I left for Jordan! Back on track now, airline breakfast well and truly behind me (damn you, croissant with jam!).

I've removed the pix because a) I'm not anywhere near done yet and would prefer to present myself to the world when I'm not still classed as obese b) I have a healthy paranoia about Google saving EVERYTHING...don't much like being identifiable online, gives me the creeps.

Keep on keeping on all Minimins- you can do it! :)

sorry i misssed your pics......but anyhoo, well done on your success so far! i am sure you look pretty amazing, and must feel fantastic!

yes i can understand how you feel about that,as copy and pasting can produce the most
awful outcomes.

Back