Holiday help please

sarahb2

Hi all,
I'm on holiday in 11 days (sleeps, can you tell I'm counting down !!) and I need some help regarding eating again. Is there any advice out there on what to do in increasing food intake and adding the dredded carbs. We are going to France so I know I'm not going to able to avoid the baguettes. Hope you can help xXx :confused:

hi, think of your portion sizes. have a kids meal instead of a large adult meal.
your on holiday so will bound to gain a bit of weight but by sticking to smaller portions the damage wont be so bad ;)

Don't worry to much about gain, the first major gain is your glycogen stores refilling when you introduce carbs but that will go as quick as it came, but keep to portion control and maybe week before your hols go up to working solution so you gradually introduce food, and drink plenty of water still as i find that helps :D

Hi all,
I'm on holiday in 11 days (sleeps, can you tell I'm counting down !!) and I need some help regarding eating again. Is there any advice out there on what to do in increasing food intake and adding the dredded carbs. We are going to France so I know I'm not going to able to avoid the baguettes. Hope you can help xXx :confused:

You CAN avoid the baguettes if you're strong willed and actually serious about losing the weight.

Stick to protein rich meals, avoid the carbs AND the baguettes x

Enjoy your holiday!!!

I say holidays are meant to be fun and enjoyable - tell yourself your gonna gain a bit and that you'll lose it when you get back and go and enjoy your holiday (that's what I've just done and to my surprise I haven't put on anything)

Dazza121 said:
I say holidays are meant to be fun and enjoyable - tell yourself your gonna gain a bit and that you'll lose it when you get back and go and enjoy your holiday (that's what I've just done and to my surprise I haven't put on anything)

I on the other hand just had a week AI and a week before that eating real food and gained 17 pounds!!!! Be mindful of what you eat. I enjoyed everything I ate but I'm not enjoying the gain now! just remember holidays are for enjoying but you don't have to go mad xx

You could order an appetizer instead of a full meal, or maybe share some of your husband's? At least in France the portions will be smaller in general, so that will help you. I am going there as a reward to myself for when I reach goal. Eat some baguettes for me!!!! :D

I'm away on hols first week of september, I plan to do an Atkins type diet whilst away. But if I fancy some chips one night then I might have one or two. I absolutely could not deal with putting a load of weight back on.

Thanks to all of your for your advice, I will try to do both, try to be reasonably sensible and try to enjoy my self, thanks again Sarah xXx

The walking around will tire you out so make sure you have some baguette! The carbs will be instantly used because you'll be more active- unless its one of those sit and sun it up holidays? If so definitely just say NO hehe Xx

Back