Holiday recommendations

not_lar_croft

Silver Member
Can anyone recommend a good holiday for me, somewhere you have been. Going with my sister so no kids!!!

Want to go about 2nd week in June, all inclusive, on the beach, not too lively (no 18-30) good food, pool and entertainment.

Where have you been that you can recommend?
:D

What about one of the Turkish resorts. The weather would be perfect in June-hot but not unbearable. The flight is only about four hours and the food is great. Some of the resorts I have been to are Belek, Marmaris, Alanya and Kusadasi.

if you want all inclusive you can beat the caribbean, most resorts have it 24/7 (none of this paying after midnight and before 7am rubbish!). Lately I've been going to the Dominican Republic, because it's the cheapest island for package deals. The north has crap beaches but amazing mountains/country side and ocean world (if you fancy a dolphin experience). The south east has incredible beaches and good scuba/snorkelling (I'm into fish, can you tell? lol!). The east has a huge national park with lots of wildlife and historic caves and bacardi island.

Read reviews on trip advisor before you book but also remember that most of the islands you will be looking at are still developing countries so you might not be able to have baked beans for breakfast!

I've never had a bad experience on any caribbean all inclusive holiday, it is always hot, there is plenty to see, most of the people are lovely with interesting culture and history and I always come back relaxed.

torremolinos as theres beach shops and no hassel , in turkey all you get is hassel , came back nov from turkey , can't do shopping its haggle haggle lol

i went to Side in Turkey last easter - was nice, had a family hotel - but had an adults only section - for your budget do you want to go for one or two weeks honey?

Also - will you be flying from Brum? xxx

Can anyone recommend a good holiday for me, somewhere you have been. Going with my sister so no kids!!!

Want to go about 2nd week in June, all inclusive, on the beach, not too lively (no 18-30) good food, pool and entertainment.

Where have you been that you can recommend?
:D

Florida!

I'm going in May and staying onsite at a Disney resort (Port Orleans French Quarter) then again in September but more relaxed in a Villa with private pool etc.

The beaches are phenomenal and only get busy on weekends when the locals come out to play. I'll never holiday in Europe again given the choice - Florida does that to a person lol.

Pros:

You are not bothered by locals asking you to eat in their restaurant, or looky-looky men. No chav-types or louts - and amazing food and portion sizes!

Cons:

Amazing food and portion sizes lol. 9 hour flight, expense, Approx £250 per person for park tickets.

Edit: -just seen your budget - forget Florida. I'd recommend Paleokastritsa (sp) on Corfu.

Last edited:
Back