Holidays as a couple with children

nadiya

hiya guys,

some advise please

me and hubby want to go on holiday and its most likely the kids will be with us, they are 2.5 and 1 years old.

we want to go somewhere that is romantic but then still is child friendly so they enjoy theirselves too. we want to go somewhere thats not too busy , but more peaceful.. nice weather...

could u make us any suggestion bearing in mind we arent on the top end of budget !

(its our anniversary in feb-but most not so expensive places are cold, not sure it will go down nicely)...
thanks

We've always gone on holiday and it's just recently we haven't had to think of the kiddies.

We've had brill holidays in, Greece (they love children), whoops too cold in Feb, but if you are thinking later in the year we've been to Zante, Kefalonia, Stoupa (mainland Greece), Canary Islands, Tunisia, we don't like it too busy, and tend not to go where there are child clubs as there will be a lot of children there:rolleyes:. We've found the beach is brill for children all they need is a bucket n spade and a fishing net, this kept them quiet for ages, we bought DD a fishing net when she was 16:eek: because she wanted one. We always had breakfast in & took a picnic for dinner and ate out a tea time. And while the kiddies were in bed we had a bit of 'me' time together ahhhhhhhhh;)

Holidays are what you make of them and it's finding the right balance. I'd take a look at places you would like to visit and take it from there.

A couple of years ago we were broke but I really wanted a holiday so I collected the Sun holiday vouchers, we had a holiday for 4 adults (our children were 18 & 20) inc flights & tent in Italy for 4 nights and caravan in France for 7 nights all for £600:p. This September just me & OH went to Barcelona in a caravan & it cost just £250 inc flights & accomodation. So if you don't mind caravaning it's brill and it you go out of season it will be warm, not too many children & there is so much for the kiddies to do on these parks, they have pools and play areas.

Thanks for that happyholidays , but which country was u refering to ? hehe

WE have been to Turkey 2 years running with both our children 7 & 2 and we LOVE it!!

Theres plenty to do for the children if you get the right hotel as well as lots for the adults and you can do as much or as little as you like. We have been to marmaris and Yalikavak and I can recommened both x

Lanzarote would be lovely in feb. You could stay in a place with a kids club too.

If you are going away in Feb I'd definitely opt for the Canaries.
I would pick one with a kids club, that way the oldest one would be entertained for a few hours a day. They also have the kids discos etc at night which my daughter used to love.

Thing is, the Canaries aren't very cheap in Feb as there are not too many places to go at that time of the year.

How about looking for somewhere on Owners Direct (or similar) and book the flights seperately? It can work out so much cheaper than a package deal, but be warned that if there's an ash cloud again (or any other natural disaster) you'll not get the support of a tour operator.

I love holidays :) and have been all over Europe with my daughter. We loved Spain (short flight), the Canaries and Majorca.

We went very cheaply to the Canaries 3 weeks ago. The weather was great, and it would be pretty similar in February.

Both Easyjet and Ryanair fly there now, and both have sales when you can get incredible deals.

You can book accommodation separately on t'internet, as we did, so you can work out which island you want, get the flights, then look around for child-friendly places to stay.

I took my two, on my own, to the Tenerife, Costa Eadeji, in the Easter hols last year. I went all inclusive, due to a tight budet, and the three of us loved it. Kids want a beach, and a pool, and the weather to enjoy it. Then theya re happy. We want them to be happy. I also hired a car for the day, and went round the island, up teide and up the cable car!! Fantastic!!

thanks everyone , i was thinking the canaries but, i dont want to go somewhere busy. i wasnt somewhere that is relaxing...those of u who have been there do u find its crowded with people or sis u find it peaceful ?

WE have been to Turkey 2 years running with both our children 7 & 2 and we LOVE it!!

Theres plenty to do for the children if you get the right hotel as well as lots for the adults and you can do as much or as little as you like. We have been to marmaris and Yalikavak and I can recommened both x

thanks , turkey was on our list too , but aparently its quite cold there in feb so put us off a bit ? what time of year did u go ?

There are quiet places, as well as busy ones.
Pick Gran Canaria or Fuerteventura instead of Lanzarote or Tenerife, and I think you'd get more peace.

We've had a really quiet time in both of them - out of season.
November was Fuerteventura. There are busier places, but plenty of quiet ones too.

As long as you avoid half term week they should be pretty quiet. I agree that Fuerteventura is the quietest and I found Tenerife the busiest. I didn't really like Gran Canaria but Lanzarote was good.
Fuerteventura was very windy though (the name translates as something or other wind anyway!!)
However, Tenerife can be quiet too, Costa Adeje was so much more peaceful than Playa de las Americas.

As long as you avoid half term week they should be pretty quiet. I agree that Fuerteventura is the quietest and I found Tenerife the busiest. I didn't really like Gran Canaria but Lanzarote was good.
Fuerteventura was very windy though (the name translates as something or other wind anyway!!)
However, Tenerife can be quiet too, Costa Adeje was so much more peaceful than Playa de las Americas.

I'd agree with Jaylou.

I've never been to Gran Canaria, but I didn't enjoy Lanzarote (no idea why just didn't). We stayed in Costa Adeje & it was peaceful. Our place is in Fuerteventura so we obviously love it, and it is quiet enough in Feb for you & your children. But like I said earlier just get them a bucket, spade & fishing net & you'll all have a wonderful time wherever you are:D

The only other place I can think of which is hot in Feb is Egypt but I wouldn't recommend it with children, apparently 9 out of 10 people are poorly when they go. Me & my sister went a few years ago & both of us were fighting for the loo:rolleyes:

Back