Home made pasta question

Sethyr

Is home made pasta still free food on green days as extra easy? Silly question I know but just want to make sure!

Does your homemade pasta have oil in it? I would say it's not free because shop bought fresh pasta has Syns.

SarahLou84 said:
Does your homemade pasta have oil in it? I would say it's not free because shop bought fresh pasta has Syns.

Now I'm confused as I understand I can have as much pasta as I want on EE or green days??

I havnt made it yet so was just wondering if it's with getting the machine out!

You can have dried pasta on green and EE as a free food but shop-bought fresh pasta is always synned. To be honest i am not sure about home made pasta although it will def be synned if you use oil in it - perhaps call the syn helpline for advice :)

Ok thanks for that. I'm beginning to really hate this diet and the fact that the same foods are either free or syns depending on how they are cooked or packaged (it seems!) and I've only been on it a week!!!

No the syns differ because the ingredients are different. Shop bought fresh pasta has oil in it to stop the pieces sticking and common sense says that added oil is not the best thing is you are wanting to lose weight . Just keep reading your book as it is all explained and it will soon be second nature. Like any new skill it will take a bit of time and practice to become adept :)

PatchworkPuss said:
No the syns differ because the ingredients are different. Shop bought fresh pasta has oil in it to stop the pieces sticking and common sense says that added oil is not the best thing is you are wanting to lose weight . Just keep reading your book as it is all explained and it will soon be second nature. Like any new skill it will take a bit of time and practice to become adept :)

Thanks for your help :)

Why do you hate it? Nothing is restricted on Slimming World - it's a healthy living plan rather than a diet. If you want to have your homemade pasta then all you'd need to do is check the Syn value and allow Syns accordingly. Just because it has Syns doesn't mean you can't have it, that is exactly what we have Syns for.

If you don't want to use your Syns on pasta, then use the dried pasta - it's completely Syn free so you can fill your boots!

Princess_Stevie said:
Why do you hate it? Nothing is restricted on Slimming World - it's a healthy living plan rather than a diet. If you want to have your homemade pasta then all you'd need to do is check the Syn value and allow Syns accordingly. Just because it has Syns doesn't mean you can't have it, that is exactly what we have Syns for.

If you don't want to use your Syns on pasta, then use the dried pasta - it's completely Syn free so you can fill your boots!

It was kind of said tongue-in-cheek! I'm just finding it very confusing at the moment!

It was kind of said tongue-in-cheek! I'm just finding it very confusing at the moment!

Just try not to over-think it, as that often over-complicates things. I'd just say read your books, re-read them and read them again! I know it can be tough to get your head round at first but it will all eventually sink in.

Back