Snacks Homemade cereal bars

Tracy831

HERE I GO AGAIN !!!!!!!
Have just searched to see if there is a thread for this but cant find anything.
I don't like to waste my money buying alpen lights etc,but if there is a recipe to make something similar then I would be very grateful :)

I made some of these with adding nuts and raisins.

120gr oat & wheat germ (24 syns)
56gr raisins (8 syns)
1 banana
20gr mixed Almond & pistachio (6 syns)
2 walnuts (4 syns)

Total syns = 42 syns (7 HEXB on Green), EE & Red (4 HEXB & 18 syns)

I had 12 slices- Green 1xHEXB or 3.5 syns, EE & Red 1/3xHEXB & 1.5 syns or 3.5 syns

Mixed all the ingrediants in a bowl. Mush up banana to bind the mixture. Spray a tin or dish with frylight. Put the mixture in and press down. Bake in oven 180 degrees for 20 minutes.

I meant to add some honey to the mixture but I totally forgot. They taste nice. However, they may not be sweet enough for you so you can add some sweetner and honey.

To me much nicer and cheaper than shop bought ones. I will make with different variation next time.

I made some different ones today and they work out to be around 1 syn per slice.

120gr porridge oat (4 syns)
1 banana
56gr prunes chopped in to small pieces (4 syns)
2 tbsp honey (6 syns)

Total syn =14 syns

Mix all the ingredients. Spray a small baking tray with frylight. Spread the mixture and pat down. cook in pre-heated oven 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Cut into 4 pieces when it is warm still. 3.5 syn or 1/2HEXB per slice (of course you can cut into smaller slices hence less syn)

I made some different ones today and they work out to be around 1 syn per slice.

120gr porridge oat (4 syns)
1 banana
2 tbsp honey (6 syns)

Total syn =14 syns

Mix all the ingredients. Spray a small baking tray with frylight. Spread the mixture and pat down. cook in pre-heated oven 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Cut into 4 pieces when it is warm still. 3.5 syn or 1/2HEXB per slice (of course you can cut into smaller slices hence less syn)

Hi Rosie, I think you'vemade a mistake with your syns, especially the porridge oats:

120gr porridge oat (4 syns) - 25g = 4.5syns so 120g = 21.5 syns
1 banana when it's cooked it'll be about 6 syns
2 tbsp honey (6 syns)

So total about 37.5 syns

Thanks

Im new here and really appreciate all these recipes, They sound delish and I think the kids may like them also :) Thank you

ermitrude yes I made a mistake with my syns and quantities. Thanks for pointing out.

My receipe should have said:

28gr porridge oats (6 syns)
1 banana (I did not any syns - but say 6 syns)
56gr chopped prunes (4 syns)
2 tbsp honey (6 syns)

Total syns = 22 and had it in 12 slices (1x3 inches) 1.8 syns say 2 syns per slice

I must say they were delicious and worth the syns.

Ah cool. It would have made a lot of flapjacks :D

Back