Homemade HEXB wholemeal pitta ?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by MsMuppet, 15 October 2011 Social URL.

1. MsMuppet

MsMuppet Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Morning ladies :)

Does anyone happen to have a recipe for a wholemeal pitta bread which can be used as a HEXB ? I can only find white pittas over here :( and I want to make the pasty style recipe that I've seen on the boards.

TIA :D
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    There was a thread while ago saying you could use a certain amount of wholemeal bread flour as a HEX, so basically you could make whatever you like out of that as long as you count syns for anything you add. Hang on a mo...

Here we go: this is the thread, although the original recipe has disappeared but is mentioned again on p. 6, post no. 85.

Basically if you follow the instructions 75g of Tesco Crusty Wholemeal Bread Mix creates a dough weighing 115g which is worth 2 HEXB's. So if you could get 2 pittas out of it you could have a pitta as your HEX? Ive not tried it myself so I dont know how much it makes, and I dont know if it's still officially a HEX or what, so it's up to you, but worth mentioning :)

4. MsMuppet

MsMuppet Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks ever so much for the info hun ! :) i'm hoping i can get round to making them this weekend :D

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.