HEXB

Cat66

Hi everyone
As a newbie to this forum and a relatively new member of SW advice please on HEXB. The 40g of porridge oats is too much for me. Can I use 20g and add say 1 slice of bread to make up a full HEXB portion?
Also I've read that olive oil can be used as a HEXB but can't find this in the list given.
Does anyone else have trouble softening onions in Frylight? Mine just burn is there a trick I don't know?
Thanks for any help

I'm not too sure about splitting the hex b's, if it was me I'd probably syn your porridge then use your hex b for something else. Olive oil used to be a hex b but that's no longer the case. I know what you mean about frylight, I'm not keen on it so tend to syn some oil. Hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply.
Think I will take your advice and syn some oil for softening veg although hate using syns!!
I wish someone would invent a syn free chocolate fudge cake,or carrot cake or lemon drizzle cake or simply CAKE!!!

I would syn the porridge. Try the fruit shot (by sweet freedom - YUM!!) makes everything taste synful! its only half a syn per tsp too which is fab!

My advice for frying onions is to put them into pan on high and when they start to cook, add frylight and keep moving them round - it works ok for me (I have a couple of cheap ceramic frying pans that I use so maybe that's it lol)

Remember there are loads of thing to use for HEXB including soups and crackers so you are spoilt for choice. Also kingsmill no crusts is 3 slices for one HEXB (sooo much bread lol)

Hope that helps x

Sooo down today. Just weighed myself and have stayed the same. Really don't know why. 1 1/2lbs in 3weeks! I've checked my food diary. Can't see where I'm going wrong.
Lots of S and P foods and less than 10 Syns every day.
Thought SW was the one for me but even though it's easy to stick too it's not working. Need to look great for my son's wedding in the autumn and time is running out.
Out to dinner tomorrow, set menu, looks very calorific. Help!!

Talk to the SW leader and see if they can shed any light on it. I am not doing SW but do know a bit about it because I teach a cookery class and many of my students are doing it. While I like the idea that it doesn't count calories and encourages cooking from scratch from what students have told me there is no emphasis put on exercise. There is no discussion about salt intake and I have a problem with a diet that you can eat all the white rice and pasta you want but need to control home made healthy brown bread (as I understand it). BUT is does work wonders for some people. But check with the leader and the class and see maybe of they can see something obvious you cant.
I remember watching the US Biggest Loser one time and one man wasn't losing like his team mates where and seemed to be doing as much exercise and eating the same food. It turned out he was marinating his lean steak in soy sauce for flavour and all the extra salt caused him to retain fluid.
Don't be too hard on yourself bout your sons wedding. anything less than you are now is a success.

Thanks for replying.
I'm doing SW online so don't have a leader to ask and surprisingly (to me) there doesn't seem to be an option to ask questions!
I'll try your suggestion of reducing my salt intake.
Also I have been snacking on fresh fruit so have decided to replace that with celery, carrot etc and reduce my sugar intake that way, while still including fruit in my meal plan.
Note to self ---Must stop moping it's not the worst problem to have!! Just crack on!!

Cat go to the specific SW thread here in Minimins, they will have a much better understanding of the diet and how it works.

Hi sorry only replying now

My advise on SW is that yes you can eat all the pasta, potatoes etc that you want BUT you should only use them alongside fruit and vegetables to bulk out your meals. Fill up on all your free foods first especially speed and then move onto proteins etc. Finally you have your syns. I would also suggest making sure you drink plenty (water retention can kill a weight loss) If you are doing SW online then look at a couple of EESP days per week to speed up your loss - preparation is key here I find.

Also limiting carb heavy meals before weigh in too. And try to enjoy your food and your meals. Meal planning should be fun and trying new recipes are one way to do this. After all food optimising is for life not just until your sons wedding ....

Back