Homemade rice pud and semolina syn value?

*Trying-again*

Plodding on til its gone
Hi does anyone know if pudding rice made is free on green like normal rice is. Obviously Id have to add the milk as healthy or syn it. Thought it would be ideal for these cold days, especially if its fairly free.

Also cant find anywhere the syn value of Whitworths semolina? its in a box and just add milk. Its low in fat (1.4 g per 100g).

Any help would be appreciated.

Karen :)

i make my rice pudding with just water then stir in muller or which ever fat free yogurts u use saves using HEA on milk, semolina made up is 2 syns per 28g (does this use milk so would have to use as HEA)

I made rice pud the other night using normal rice, milk from HEA and sweetner. then topped with 1/2 packet of options belguim choc powder yum yum

Thank u for the ideas. Is that 2 syns for 28 g dry weight or once its made up?

If you use pudding rice made with water and sweetner it is free . I can never spare any milk from healthy extra so I always use water. I've discovered weight watchers thick cream which is 1 syn for a level tablespoon. A dollop of that on top makes it gorgeous!!!! I can't stop eating it ! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That sounds lovely, thanks for the idea. I buy the weight watchers cream and it very nice indeedy. Hopefully going to make rice pudd later :)

Umm think I will try that with a dollop of ww cream on sounds lush xxx

That sounds lush will try that xx

I would not post grr then send both lol oops

hi hun i make a s/w rice pudding as follows
1 cup pudding rice
4 cups of water
mix together and put on microwave for approx 15 to 20 mins (until the rice is soft and the water has soaked up) while it's still warm add about 5 tbs of sweetener when it's cool add 2 pots of vanilla mullerlight leave over night to let flavours infuse, i love it and can't stop eating it :)

:)Good idea adding vanilla muller light too. Will try that thank u

Back