homity pie - sw mag recipe

Hi,

I'm intriged, can someone please tell me what homity pie is please.

Also can you please post recipe?

Thank you in advance.

Lyn

xx

Hi Lyn,

It's a cheesy veg pie! free on green (6 syns if cheese not HEXA)

serves 4

Fry light
12oz/30g peeled & chopped potatoes
9oz/225g chopped onions
9oz/225g thinly sliced leeks
7oz/198g frozen peas
2 finely chopped garlic cloves
handful chopped parsley
handful chopped thyme
2 lightly beaten eggs
3floz/85ml veg stock
6oz/170g reduced fat cheddar, grated
salt & ground black pepper

1 - preheat oven to 220C/425F/GM 7. Spray medium size oven proof dish with fry light

2 - boil potatoes for 15-20 mins or until tender. Drain, return to pan, mash and set aside.

3 - spray large frying pan with fry light, stir fry onions, leeks and peas over med heat for 6 - 8 mins or until veg soft.

4 - add potatoes, garlic, parsley, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, season and stir to combine. Put mixture in ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and bake for 20 mins or until golden.

I made it & LOVED it. Had it over four days with various things inc quorn sausage & stew. MMM I am going to make it again now

I've just made this and its lush ! Even my hubby liked it too :)

I have this on my menu plan for Wednesday night, I was planning on having it with the Sweet Chilli beans & vegetarian sausages - it looks lovely though!

I made this last night and it was sooo yummy!! I had it with a chicken breat marinated in reggae reggae sauce. I am going to do it next week with meatloaf

Mine is waiting to go in the oven, it looks good so far... am soooo hungry so cant wait to munch on it. I will probably have a salad with mine and my daughter and partner will have beans.

I have to agree Homity pie is delicious both hot and cold, i found it tasty either way. I enjoyed mine with baked beans and a "dry" fried egg

Bumping this as its such a lush recipe :) I'm making it for lunch today !

Back