Honest opinions please

Jennifer80

Hi, i have posted a few times on here a while back but i must admit im more of a lurker ;)

I need a bit of advice and wonder if you have any advice.

I started Lighterlife in June last year and started off really well and lost around 4.5stone. Im now a size 14/16 but do actually wish to lose more. I know my healthy weight is around 10st 10 so in an ideal world i'd like to lose around another 3/4 stone.

For the last few months ive been on off on off on off on off and i just can't seem to get my head back into LL this time :( I want nothing more than to be able to stick to it and carry on but it's such a waste of time & money when im constantly lapsing. Ive had a few 'breaks' away from it but always feel bloated & ask to come back.

I have spoken to my counsellor (and she's lovely & supportive, offering me great advice - ie thought records etc) but i feel such a failure not being able to stick to it,.

Ive come to the conclusions that
a) i musn't want it enough if i can't even do a week without lapsing
b) im bored of the packs from doing it so long and crave a change
c) issue - i can't get my head around why im lapsing (even doing thought records etc)

Have i come so far on my journey and need to try something else? I know im the only one who can ultimitely decide that but im sick of not being able (or wanting) to stick to it...

Am i the only one feeling like this or has anyone else got stuck in a rut?

Thanks for listening x

hi jennifer, i was exactly where you are. i lost 4 1/2 st fron aug to dec las year and didnt do rtm gained a bit back and from feb to aug i mustve restarted at least 30 to 40 times honestly... would get to day 2 or 3 and give up. i joined this forum and it has been a godsend.
so many people go through what you do and a little flick WILL go which will make you stick to it. mine was when i phoned my llc on mu umpteenth day 3 and begged for her to say something that would make me stick to it. her reply was that that could be my last day 3 ever and reminded me of how many day 3s i had had since feb.
the only downside is because we know it works we always think we can start 2moro....
im on day 19 now so we can get there again.. hope this helps
good luck xx

a little flick WILL go which will make you stick to it.

Thanks for your support. I just wonder how long its gonna take for my little switch to 'flick'. It's costing me a fortune just because i'm not sticking to it. I feel like im wasting my time and my counsellors. I so desperately want to lose the weight but every time i stop i gain weight, is this circle ever going to end? :(

Thanks for your support. I just wonder how long its gonna take for my little switch to 'flick'. It's costing me a fortune just because i'm not sticking to it. I feel like im wasting my time and my counsellors. I so desperately want to lose the weight but every time i stop i gain weight, is this circle ever going to end? :(

How about each time you feel like lapsing, you stop and think to yourself, with conviction, "Ya know what Jennifer? If you carry on today, then today will be the last day you will ever weigh what you weigh today!" And move on leaving that day behind you, starting the next lighter than the day before. Knowing its the last time you will have to feel the way you do right then might keep you going. :)

hi there
i know exactly where you are coming from hun.

i lost 4.5 stone, did RTM, but over the last year have steadily put on 1.5lbs a month.

I have tried starting back so many times, but have found it impossible. the longest I have managed is 11 days, felt great, was at a good place, but then as soon as I go back on food put it straight back on.

the first time round it was soooo easy - i think my problem now is that although i want to lose a stone and a half, i don't look too bad so the 'urge' to continue goes as soon as i lose the glycogen bloat feeling .

I think for me I need to either just give it one last proper go, then get it into my head I can't keep relying on yo-yoing with packs. i need to start taking responsibilty for what I am eating, plan better and get on with the rest of my life - as I feel in limbo a bit at the moment.

i'm not sure what the answer is to it all to be honest....

i hope you find an answer for you
daisy x

I think for me I need to either just give it one last proper go, then get it into my head I can't keep relying on yo-yoing with packs. i need to start taking responsibilty for what I am eating, plan better and get on with the rest of my life

This paragraph has just TOTALLY summed up the way i'm feeling/thinking :confused: I really don't know what to do.......Thanks x

Hey, Im on week 7 and the first week was hell - going into ketosis was awful! everytime i think of lapsing i just think about how I felt then! If you think about it its only a couple of months out of your life. Once you get in the zone you will be ok!

Hi natasha
LL was the easiest diet i have ever done - i didn't lapse ever. It works 100% and is fab.

however I'm struggling with the 'after' - even a year after RTM i struggle as my eating habits have not changed enough.
I put weight on initially from eating the wrong stuff - LL hasn't miraculously cured my eating habits unfortunately!

i need to re-read my cbt stuff.

i know i can do LL and lose weight, i just don't want to enough i guess - not like the first time, although i do want to, i obviously am not in the right place

i know on LL you don't feel hungry, i know on LL the weight will drop off....

anyway, good luck with your journey

daisy x

Daisy you're so right - you have to be in the right place to stick with a VLCD - I started and stopped CD so many times it became a running joke at work so when I decided to do LL I'm sure most of my colleagues expected me to fail but this time was different - I really wanted it - it was like a switch had been flicked and that was that.

I'm doubtful if I would be able to stick with it if I didn't have a lot to lose - may be that's the problem Jennifer? You're a size 14/16 so clearly not huge - would it be so bad to maintain that size? What size do you want to get down to? Maybe WW or SW would be a less drastic way to achieve your goals?

Good luck whatever you decide :)

Thanks AJB, your so right i think when i was 'huge' i was desperate to try anything and when i saw results so quickly with LL i was determined to stick to it at the start.

Now i cannot get my head around it :confused: I think i am going to do SW for a while as lost a couple of stone on that before. I just feel like my body needs food now and bored of packs. I am also going to join the local gym near my work and go swimming most lunchtimes.

I just feel like a need a change and feel like im mucking my counsellor about going back and forth back and forth. Thanks all for your great advice xx

Its possible that it was the 'indecisiveness' that was getting you down - once you've made a decision - be it SW & gym or LL - you can then get on with it and be happier :)

Back