Honeymoon in October!?!?!

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
Help me people!
Im going on my honeymoon sometime after the 21st October and I really am lost as to where I am going. Alot of places I have looked at are gonna have horrible weather in October. Can anyone recommend somewhere thats gonna have decent weather in October.. i dont care if its not over the top hot coz I wont be able to handle the heat anyway!

Travel agents are rubbish coz they dont really care where they send u as long as you go...! Lady at Thomas Cook kept on saying Turkey is amazing in October but when I have looked online it says they have bad rain around then and coz of that most resorts and tourist attractions close during that period!

Help.!
And thanx in advance

Hmmm I dont have a clue I would have said turkey aswell!!

Yep understandable!!!

Good luck finding some where!!

I got married in october and went to Disneyland Florida for my honeymoon. If Disneys not your thing Florida itself was nice and warm.

cawisu xx

Travel agents are rubbish coz they dont really care where they send u as long as you go...! Lady at Thomas Cook kept on saying Turkey is amazing in October but when I have looked online it says they have bad rain around then and coz of that most resorts and tourist attractions close during that period!

To be honest - I'd skip chains of travel agents and go for an independent travel agent - I would imagine you'll find something a bit different and as they aren't tied to one tour operator might be able to tailor something to suit.

Just a thought

xxx

Portugal??? .. Algarve... its amazin there x

Hi Hun, i know its not very exotic there but the canary islands have hot weather in October :)

Turkey is very rainy at night in october,very warm during day but trouble is when it rains at night they have power cuts so you will be sitting in a restaurant and all the lights go out.turkey is blinding tho,sharm el sheikh is lovely,very very hot tho.depends if you want a relaxing honeymoon or a busy one,florida is amazing and so is new york but you need a holiday afterwards to get over all the walking.lol

oooh thanx for the info people. im gonna look into them. I want a very relaxing holiday so wanna stay away from busy places. And I think I'll leave Sharm for another holiday... I think everyone I know has been to Sharm this year so I'd like to be able to say I went somewhere else for my honeymoon xxx

Im still loving Tunisia even tho alot of people have said bad stuff about it

You could always try another resort in Egypt. Hurrgarda is lovely. We went in October a few years ago and the weather was fab.:D

thanx everyone.
well for me morocco would have been perfect. but unfortunately i have a serious phobia of snakes and morocco is full of snake charmers. i just wouldnt be able to do it. every holiday brochure I have read about morocco mentions it... :(

and nobody better even think about telling me that they have them in tunisia!

Hiya, Dunno what your budget is hun but have you considered a cruise, canaries cruise would be awesome in October and bear in mind you get everything apart from drinks/spa/excursions included in the price. food is amazing to boot!!! I did my first cruise last year and am converted, just wish I was richer and could go more often !!!!

The Maldives are lovely and Oct is the start of their good weather. But its a total chill out holiday as most of the islands are very small so unless you like your watersports there isn't that much to do. Snorkling is fantastic though - the colours and patterns on the fish out there are stunning.

Hiya, Dunno what your budget is hun but have you considered a cruise, canaries cruise would be awesome in October and bear in mind you get everything apart from drinks/spa/excursions included in the price. food is amazing to boot!!! I did my first cruise last year and am converted, just wish I was richer and could go more often !!!!

The Maldives are lovely and Oct is the start of their good weather. But its a total chill out holiday as most of the islands are very small so unless you like your watersports there isn't that much to do. Snorkling is fantastic though - the colours and patterns on the fish out there are stunning.

My brother went to Cancun a couple of years ago and loved it, just checked and the average rainfall in Oct is 8.6 days in the month.
Cancun Weather
Cancun - AllAboutCancun.com - A Complete City Guide to Cancun, Quintana Roo, México Mexico -

Some great suggestions ! thank you... im gonna run these by the OH tonite and see what he thinks. to be honest I dont think he's fussed. We both like the maldives... but there isnt a heck of a lot to do there... but it still in the list

thanx xxx

Back