Hopefully Starting Friday...

Sophie94

Hey guys, im a newbie to the diet - well not even classed as that yet.

Im 14 and i KNOW i have to do something, now or never.

Before you ask the reason why its Friday is because im going to thorpe park thursday with a group of mates and i know i won't be able to resist the Pizza Hut buffet! :eek:

I have a lot of weight to lose, im fairly tall and therefore to be at a normal weight i need to lose 5 stone.

My mum is shorter then me but she has the same weight to lose as she is more then me!

Anyway the plan was that we were to do lighterlife, very similar to CD, however they seem to be very similar and this is cheaper so what do we have to lose?

So my first step is to see the counseller, and find out what i need to lose, and what is recomended for someone of my age.

My mum and i are planning on doing the diet together. We've recently put on a lot of weight after binge eating due to my dad passing away before christmas. Its just us two in the house and we have been eating out nearly every day of the week.

So, what im trying to get as is, anyone have any advice? Should i go ahead? Am i allowed to go ahead? Any tips for either my mum or myself?

Thanks! :)

Hi hun,firstly Im really sorry to hear about your dad,hope you are ok.Im not a counseller so I cant answer your question as to being allowed to go ahead.Obviously you and your mum have really thought about it and the good thing is you realise even if you were to end up not doing CD that things have to change,which is great.
If you do start Cd then all I can say is just keep your head down,stick with it and you will soon start to see results.
With regards to CD and LL,the only differences are price and with LL you attend group meetings.Usually with CD you will see the counseller be weighed,have a chat and leave with your products.CD also has a wider range of flavours and the bars are lovely.
Good luck whatever you do,If you get stuck then come on here and shout,someone will soon answer,try and come on here often its fun and we're all doing it together!!
xx

Well thankyou! I have been looking around the forum and there are so many supportive characters!
Contacted the local CDC and she is really nice, mum is going to collect a form from her to give to my doctor, im sure as im nearly 15, got 5 stone to lose, 5 ft 8 im sure the doctor will agree to anything that will help (as long as my health isn't at risk). Looking good, im really determined this time!!! Thanks for your encouragement! x

Well thankyou! I have been looking around the forum and there are so many supportive characters!
Contacted the local CDC and she is really nice, mum is going to collect a form from her to give to my doctor, im sure as im nearly 15, got 5 stone to lose, 5 ft 8 im sure the doctor will agree to anything that will help (as long as my health isn't at risk). Looking good, im really determined this time!!! Thanks for your encouragement! x
Great!Let us know how you get on with the form and the doctor.
It looks like it wont be long now
xx

Hi Sophie,
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, you sound like you have a great relationship with your mum and it will really help having someone doing the diet with you, you can spur each other on on those days when the going gets tough!
I preferred the idea of CD as it was more flexible than LL, i can choose the time and day that i see my counsellor rather than having to attend sessions on a particluar time. I also like the one to one element rather than a group session...but everyone works differently so it's what suits you.
Hope the doctor gives you the thumbs up and look forward to speaking to you on here soon, it's a really supportive place and so many helpful hints flying about!
Good Luck sweetie xxx

Thats great that you are tackaling your weight problem so early on before it gets out of control. I wish I paid more attention when I was 14 so I could of enjoyed my teenage years, instead of trying to hide away and feeling ashamed!

Hope you can do it! :)

Hey Sophie,
Just wanted to wish you luck for starting the cambridge diet... I am so sorry to hear about your dad, you and your mum seem to be very close and can help each other through it... somtimes in life things happen which make people emotional eat... I am definatley the first to admit I do that...
Good luck with it xx

Back