Hoping to start tomorrow.. Scared

rainbow_brite

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping to join a class tomorrow evening and am looking forward to starting SW. I am going to a party on Wednesday (bad timing I know) and may be going out with friends on the weekend. What can you suggest I do to ensure that my first week is a good one? I'm scared that I won't quite understand what I'm doing and go off track.
Thank you for your time x

The leader will go through everything in your first class so you should have a good idea when you leave. Also have a good read through of it when you get home to get you up to speed. You will be fine just stick to it as much as you can!!

Don't worry. SW is not a death sentence to your social life - what would be the point of losing all that weight & not being able to go out & show off your new slim bod? The leader will explain the plan in detail when you go to your first class, but essentially you can eat or drink anything in moderation.

Just tell the Consultant that you have rather a hectic week ahead but you will do your best. Just give it 100% on the days you can, and try to do the best and plan ahead for the nights out. As already said SW understands that people want to live their life to the full and having an occasional night out is fine!

Even though you've got a few events coming up don't be tempted to start the week after the parties. I spent a few months like this and wasted soooo much time when I could have been losing weight.

Hello, Welcome to SW and the forum! My advice would be to ask about "weekly syns" which basically allows you to save up all your "Daily treats" to cover when you have a special occasion. I have been doing SW for a while now saving up my syns to have one meal a week where I am "off plan" and I have not found it has stopped me losing weight, it may not work with everyone but dont worry that it will all go to pot if you still have a social life! Its the best bit about SW compared to WW or Atkins or anything in my opinion. x

Can add anymore but just wanted to say good luck I started last Tuesday and finding it really good

Good on you for deciding to join, I went with a friend who had reached target and I haven't looked back.
I found in my first week I was so excited and motivated, I tried really hard and you should find yourself thinking more about what you eat and drink and be able to make some better choices as you go. x

Good on you for deciding to join, I went with a friend who had reached target and I haven't looked back.
I found in my first week I was so excited and motivated, I tried really hard and you should find yourself thinking more about what you eat and drink and be able to make some better choices as you go. x

This is actually a really good point. If I compare my choices a few weeks in to SW on a night out (a few rum & diet cokes) with my choices a few weeks ago (copious amounts of vodka with full fat red bull).its fair to say that i need more willpower now than then. You'll be fine (and likely will not get as compacent I have done over the last few weeks)

Back