Extra Easy Horrified with myself

Lindsay - well done on your stone award.
But could I ask that you stop posting on The Really Slow Loss thread about your great losses.
That thread is what it says on the tin - for Slow Losers - ladies who are having trouble losing due to medical problems or medication.
You really are upsetting a lot of people on there so it would be nice if you would consider other people's feelings and stick to posting elsewhere.

Now that I have time to explain a little bit about myself maybe some of the ones who think i'm the biggest "b***h" going might understand my joy at actually getting somewhere with my losses. I started trying to lose weight 5 years ago and each week lost 1/2 maybe 1lb maximum for 3 or 4 weeks then would have a massive gain which would leave me worse off than when I started.
Because of a few health issues exercise other than short walks isn't an option to me.
August 15th 2012 made me more determined than ever to lose weight. My baby sister died, leaving 3 young children and a husband. It took me until the new year to get strong enough to dare to go back to slimming World for the 5th time. I was pretty sure it would be the same story again - a loss then a big gain and so on and so on. After 5 years of trying to lose weight I had managed to drop a grand total of 1lb!
Thats why I signed up for the really slow weight loss thread. From previous experience I figured it would be the best place to get support. I had no intention of upsetting or annoying anyone. (although in my SW class 1 stone in 6 weeks seems to be nothing! I am one of the slowest losers there).
I have been trying to figure out how to find my way around this site but have been struggling massively. I've been finding threads from an email I kept and accessing from there.
I won't post again on the thread and wish them all the best but I'm not a troll, I'm not a cow or any of th other "delightful" things they have called me. I'm just a mum trying to looks after 2 small children and be the best mum I can to them. If that means I can't read EVERY post and reply every day then maybe this is he wrong weightloss forum for me.

Lindsay, I have stop posting on here as much due to the unsupportive comments I see going on. Nobody deserves the "witch hunt" you have had, I was actually disgusted at the replies. I will say that the majority of people on here are lovely so try not let it get to you. Well done so far.....keep going regardless!

I was 18st 10lbs when I started 5 weeks ago and I've lost 16lbs. Set yourself small goals to start instead of thinking of the whole amount you have to lose so you always feel like you're reaching a goal and that keeps you motivated.

Thats why I signed up for the really slow weight loss thread. . .
I won't post again on the thread and wish them all the best but I'm not a troll, I'm not a cow or any of th other "delightful" things they have called me. I'm just a mum trying to looks after 2 small children and be the best mum I can to them. If that means I can't read EVERY post and reply every day then maybe this is he wrong weightloss forum for me.

Lindsay, I have stop posting on here as much due to the unsupportive comments I see going on. Nobody deserves the "witch hunt" you have had, I was actually disgusted at the replies. I will say that the majority of people on here are lovely so try not let it get to you. Well done so far.....keep going regardless!

Lindsay would you mind pointing me at the places where you have been call a cow or a troll or the other "delightful" names you say you have been called. Or what the "witch hunt" has been?

Lindsay, you have just been asked not to "post and run" and actually join in the thread a little more rather than posting 6 weeks consecutively about big losses and not saying well done or commiserations to anyone else or anything other than 1.5lbs off this week :-( - as if to infer you are disappointed with this. This is all some girls on the Really Slow Loss team lose in a month, if indeed they lose at all.

That thread is actually one of the most supportive around.

Perhaps if you'd said some of what you've now said here on the Tortoise fred by way of explanation, you would have found people more welcoming and not resentful that you have done so well. And it is a great achievement. And I salute you chica for sticking with for the last 6 weeks and getting such a great loss. Keep it up hun - you can get to target and do your sister proud - as I really am so dreadfully sorry that she died.

I never said witch hunt, but I did see comments about me "now being on the Thursday weighers" thread. I have been trying to find the time to "introduce" myself to everyone but haven't had time-until today. When 1.5 lbs is the lowest loss in class and I was asked why so little I was very disappointed in myself but as you say maybe i should have explained myself better. It is very rare for me to have time to sit down and actually use the computer as opposed to hoping on and off for a minute or two. I have gained a lot of inspiration and motivation from the posts that I have had time to read.

Last edited:
Really sorry guys!! POMMETTE- you come across a really nasty, horrible person! Not everyone conforms to your point of view if you can't be pleasant of supportive BUGGER OFF! Nobody wants to read your negativity towards a fellowman trying their best !

Really sorry guys!! POMMETTE- you come across a really nasty, horrible person! Not everyone conforms to your point of view if you can't be pleasant of supportive BUGGER OFF! Nobody wants to read your negativity towards a fellowman trying their best !

Bev is one of the loveliest people on here.

Don't be so rude.

Them maybe she should re address the manner of her script, we should all be supporting one another regardless how much or how little input people put in, nobody should have to pour their heart out and justify their excistance on these forums, sometimes it is confusing to find your way around or which forum, subforum to post on !sorry she could have been alittle more curteous about it , better still she could have ssid it in a private message, not for all to see being berated for posting in the wrong place!!!

I can't find the thread. I never said witch hunt, but I did see comments about me "now being on the Thursday weighers" thread. I have been trying to find the time to "introduce" myself to everyone but haven't had time-until today. When 1.5 lbs is the lowest loss in class and I was asked why so little I was very disappointed in myself but as you say maybe i should have explained myself better. It is very rare for me to have time to sit down and actually use the computer as opposed to hoping on and off for a minute or two. I have gained a lot of inspiration and motivation from the posts that I have had time to read.

Hi Lindsay

I do think your consultant needs to stop asking you why so little, it's probably not helping your self esteem & also perpetuating your feeling that you are a slow looser. 1.5lbs is a perfectly normal loss on SW, as is a stone in 6 weeks.

This time of year you find there are big losses in groups because people are starting out for the 1st time & their diet prior to SW was appalling - it sounds like that may not be the case for you, so you won't get the same huge losses. Rest assured those huge losses will level off and those people will either leave or plod along like the rest of us.

Bev is amazingly supportive on here & I seriously doubt she meant to be horrible. I certainly didn't read her post that way.

Ok several things.

Bevs post asked NICELY for Lindsay to stop posting high losses in the low losers thread, a not unreasonable request. To be honest the high loss posts have upset several people but unfortunately due to there being a lack of Moderators the past day or so its been left unaddressed. Bev is one of the most supportive people on SW and her post was in no way rude.

Lindsay people dont mind you posting but the impression being given was you were posting high losses and nothing else. Even a few supportive posts would go a long way to aleviating things but I think now everyones aware of things hopefully thatll settle now. Lindsay also if you find ANY threads calling you a cow etc please report them or PM me and they WILL be dealt with.

Lisa your post to Pommette was totally out of order. Minimins will not tolerate a: bad language or b: rudeness like that to another member. I will however contact you direct re that matter

I hope this draws a line under the situation.
If anyone is still unhappy please feel free to PM me or any of the other Mods/Admin

Starlight

Back