HOT CHOC TETRA HOW PLEASE?

donnamarie

Silver Member
I really fancy a drink of hot choc, ive tried the packs hot before and dont like um.. :(

I want to try the choc tetra hot.. how would you go about it please? :)

I'd probably put it in a bowl of hot water and wait.

Don't microwave it or it'll probably destroy the nutrients.

I add hot water from the kettle. As long as it's not boiling water it should be fine. It is lovely hot chocolate BTW.

I used to do half a choc tetra with half very hot (but not boiling) water and add a teaspoon of coffee. Delicious :)

BTW, I did zap the tetra for just a few seconds in the microwave, just to take the chill off whilst the water was heating in the kettle, otherwise the drink would only come out lukewarm.

I pour half a choc tetra into a mug, then add hot water from the kettle. Very yummy, and gets more water down your neck too!

S xx

I make three tetra drinks out of one carton. Like KD says, sometimes i add 1/3 a tetra to black coffee to make a mocha, and sometimes i add a spoonful of the vanilla pack to make it a bit more creamy.

Some crazy person once told me to have a spoonful of the STRAWBERRY pack mixed with a hot tetra - but i can;t bring myself to do it :)

i mite try watering it down in the future, but im abit too sensitive to the taste of the minerals and vitamins, so the smaller the size of the "meal" the better, for me atleast

lol, do you think the strawberry would make it sweeter, or just odd?

I can imagine the orange being nice with the choccy tetra but it's limited so it isnt going to happen.

Strawberry....hmmm, the jury is out on that. Think it would just heighten the flavour....or summat :)

Try filling a big mug with boiling water, leave a minute (like warming a teapot), discard water, pour in tetrapak, re-fill carton with freshly boiled water (to scoop up all the good bits!), and add to mug.

This should make it hot enough, because microwaving isn't recommended - whatever it does to the nutrition, it spoils the texture.

Mmmmm - off to make one now for beddies!

Try filling a big mug with boiling water, leave a minute (like warming a teapot), discard water, pour in tetrapak, re-fill carton with freshly boiled water (to scoop up all the good bits!), and add to mug.

This should make it hot enough, because microwaving isn't recommended - whatever it does to the nutrition, it spoils the texture.

Mmmmm - off to make one now for beddies!
Just done it this way and .. wow!!! yummy!!!! :D

Very nice thanks all for your help... :grouphugg:

Back