Hovis rolls!

Gemma1986

Im just me!
I have looked on the web site the 60g ones are 7.5 so can i have as 1b and add 1.5 syns?

I personally would just count it as a HEX B but if you want to be on the safe side then allow a syn for it. I can't imagine an extra 3g of bread being 1 syn though! (if my maths is correct, it is 0.3 of a syn!)

I would say that the OP is right to count an extra 1.5 syns. I have trawled high and low for a 57g roll and only recently Tesco brought out a 57g roll which is exactly HEXb compatible, hurrah for Tesco.

However, Hovis rolls have around about 40 cals and a little more sat fat in than other rolls (eg, I was in Asda and compared them to another wholemeal roll, which was 64g but around 40 cals less and 0.1 less sat fat)

So OP – to stick 100% to plan do your wisely worked out 1.5 syns OR pop along to Tesco to get your Healthy Living/Healthy Eating (I can never remember which it is) wholemeal rolls for 99p for 6.

Thank you, i will just add the extra syn as im trying to be very good and getting fed up with salads for lunch and fancyed something else.

the new hovis rolls in the 6 pack in wholemeal have always been dead on 57g or under so i dont think its really worth worrying about, id just count it as a hex B hun. :D

I really don't think 3g would be 1.5syns however, like you I prefer to over syn than risk it. I may be inclined to lower hat amount though.
Do you go to class? Perhaps ask your consultant if you do.

I know what you mean about having a change from salad!

its .375 of a sym extra so allow 1/2 a syn

Back