How are people coping with Christmas?

all the choccies i am either giving to my husband or donating to an old people's home
As for 'general food' I am just going with the mindset that i would rather be slim than eat those things now and risk staying fat for the rest of my life.
With alcohol, im not sure tbh, i might treat myself to a glass of wine but i never have been a big drinker so it wont start me on a binge

I stick to the diet during Christmas. There will be a lot of other Christmasses and i'm learning that you also can have a very good time without food!

Merry Christmas.

Hugs
botozi

That's really good. I wish I had that mindset. Today I had a nap and got up feeling really miserable and stuffed and decided I wanted to be slim rather than feel like I did. So no choc, no alcohol and if I have a meal on Christmas day, it will be no carbs :)

im ssing through christmas, havnt had temptations as ive got no life so no functions to attend, lol
i asked people not to give me chocolates for christmas ( cheeky i know but hey, needed doing )
i will cook cristmas dinner for my daughter but i cook for her already and it doesnt tempt me

Am sticking to 790 over Christmas and New Year.

No alcohol at all.

I have come this far I am not blowing it all now!

merryxmas_06-1.gif

I'm on aamw starting christmas day but tbh would rather be ssing as then it's so much easier. Next year I'll be super slim and eat a healthy christmas in a teeny tiny dress and not bother with the chocs or booze. I've not actually drank for three and a bit years due to pregnancy, breastfeeding and now dieting so don't miss it (good grief hark at me)

I'm sticking with this no matter what, it's working and I feel Fabxx

My house is stuffed with gorgeous food and drink, I've spent most of today baking mince pies, fudge, biscuits, peppermint creams...not to mention the gingerbread house covered in sweets lol, and I can honestly say I'm not tempted to eat at all. The compliments I've had about my weight loss make me feel far better than eating anything could, so I'm sticking to SS over Christmas - it's my AAM week so at least I can sit at the table on Christmas day and have a little turkey and a sprout or two :D

Corinne x

I'm eating christmas eve and christmas day. I'm having a bit of everything, and the consequences of that will be dipping out of ketosis, gaining a few pounds, and having some hunger whilst I get back into ketosis on the 27th/28th etc. Its a rational decision I've made, as this is not the first time I've done sole source (recently had a baby and am losing a few pregnacy pounds) and I know from experience I dont have trouble getting back on. It will see me a few pounds behind target but I'm not in that much of a hurry and plan on then doing sole source with no exceptions throughout that boring January/Feburary time when nobody does anything which should see me pretty much at goal.

It is hard knowing I'm eating in 2 days though...a cube of irish stew sort of fell into my mouth before. Not that that will have me out of ketosis - but it just goes to show how a couple of days CAN weaken your resolve and how its often better just to decide not to eat, and even if you change your mind on the day, you haven't extended your one day into 5, by just knowing its ahead of you. Does that make sense?

Having said that I feel my decision to eat is right for me and my circumstances this year.

I'm sticking with SS. Originally I thought I'd eat but I've just got back from holiday when I ate (planned this even before starting the diet) I got straight back onto the diet as soon as I got home and even managed to lose 2lbs this week, so its given me the spur I need to carry on 100%. Its not going to be easy but there'll be other christmases.

Good Luck to everyone trying to sole source 10% over the christmas period. It'll be worth it - I hope!

Good luck to everyone in whatever they decide to do, just make sure that what you do is for you and your choice and regardless of that choice have a lovely Xmas.

M.

I'm only on calorie counting so I planned on eating what I want on Christmas day and cutting about 200 calories off my daily intake until I'm back on track

I wish I had all your motivation, but this is a special Christmas (first one with friends instead of family)

well done all of you, everybody sounds really strong and motivated.

I'm just calorie counting now I'm at goal but will allow myself xmas eve and xmas day to have some goodies. I'm not going to go mad because this diet has been hard work and I have only just come to the end. It will be quite a test for me although last christmas i was on weight watchers and got through the festive period really easily-hopefully this one will be the same.

Good luck to everyone, whatever you decide to do xx

I like what you day Mike, a relative told me to eat so's not to offend my Mother Out Law!!! I don't think I'll ruin this for anyone especially not her hee hee xx

So far I have survived the xmas:

1 x Work Xmas Doo (inc Free food and Bar)

1 x Trip to sushi restaurant with department and pub

1 x Xmas Fancy Cocktail party

1 x Stop into Pizza Express

1 x Granparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary (with mega buffet)

6 x Pub Trips

.... all on Water and SS.... Xmas Day is going to be a breeze on SS :)

To be honest i'm not gonna think about what i should & shouldn't eat because last christmas i started mt weight loss journey on LL & not a single thing other than shakes pasted my lips. So this year as i'm slim for the first christmas that i can remember i'm gonna eat& be merry, hey if i gain a few pounds then i'll deal with it & move on.

Good luck to all those ssing & those on one of the cals plan.

have a really great Christmas everyone!.....xxxx

I also SS last Christmas and not a morsel passed my lips.... I have recently celebrated Eid end of last week and stuffed myself... decided to go onto 790 before Christmas cos i felt liek a stuffed turkey!!! On day 3 today and feel fine... going out for dinner tomorrow but going to stick to no carbs!!!

Hope everyone makes the best decision for them....

Merry Christmas

Take Care Nas x

Back