How bad is the soup?

Hi

I keep reading that the soups and bars are rank, are they really all that bad, I am just trying to think of something to break up the shakes.

xxxx

They've changed the soup recipe. It doesn't make me puke now :D

They've changed the recipe? Might have to ask for one to try. Unfortunately, I can't have the bars - I'm allergic to nuts. Darn shame, plus I miss nuts too!!!

Nicola x

I think the soup is ok now, much better than previously and worth getting some to try. You can always go and swap them if you can't stand them :)

How do you make the soup because you can't put hot liquid in the shaker, do you shake it cold then microwave it? Is it the same texture as the shakes? It's taken me 6 weeks but I MIGHT try it next week as I've only done choc shakes all the way through and also bars? What bars I didn't know we can get bars!!

I find the soup grand, it helps at dinnertime so i can sit with my family, it kinda makes the day normal. I was dreading tasting it as i'd read everyone hated it, even my pharmacist said it was horrible and wasn't going to give me any but i said in for a penny in for a pound! I was surprised i liked it as i don't normally like soup but it was nice to have something warm.

Emmy_lu i make mine on boiling water with a hand blitzer/mizer and it c omes out perfect with no lumps

Hi Emmy

I shake my occasional soup with cold water and then mug and microwave to heat as I can't stand lumps. Depends on how much water you put in as to what the texture is. I still stick to the choc milkshakes, just my preference. I've tried the peanut bar. I wouldn't get excited. Nothing close to a flapjack or similar and wouldn't touch another with a bargepole! Sort of salty dry carpet tiles from what I remember. Couldn't eat it at all and had to spit it out :(

The flapjacks are vile, they do coconut and peanut. They are what I can only describe as dry animal food with what taste like bits of dry fat in with the odd bit of peanut/ coconut. I forced halve of one down me but I really couldn't stomach anymore.. Eew ww

Right I will get a few soups next week, I like the vanilla shake hot, it is almost horlicksy!

xx

Right I'm trying soups next week but you e put me off the flapjacks lol, can't stand lumps either so will use my shaker as don't have a blender. Not tried vanilla shake as I imagined it would be powdery what's everyone else's opinion on it?

Vanilla's not bad and can be jazzed up with coffee if required. I had them for a while but went off them a bit. I really think your tastebuds change through the diet :)

For me it's nearly always about 90% choc.

This week I got 1 strawberry, 2 vanilla and the rest choc.

The vanilla is no longer salty so I quite like it. The strawberry isn't that filling though so I only rarely have it.

I tried putting some vanilla with a black coffee and it wasn't bad (don't like black coffee). You have to wait for the vanilla to 'settle', but it was like having a cappuccino . . . . Of sorts!!

Will asking for a few soups on Wednesday, thanks for the tip re shaking it in cold water first teapot - great idea.

Nicola x

How you doing now Claire? Stopped thinking you can't do it yet? :)

I'll def be getting some soup then

Hi,

yes thanks for asking, I dont feel half as hungry as I did on day 2. I am enjoying the soup, also its nice to not have to think about cooking from scratch, looking at fat,carb,calorie content etc...
When is your weigh day? Let me know how you get on please?

x

Ohhhhhh after reading all these comments I cannot wait to get to the chemist on Monday and ask for some soup.
I have tried all shakes, for me personally I only like the chocolate. I did try it hot as I heard it was similar to a hot choc... Sadly for me I didn't like it and it was a waste of a shake :(
I hope the soup lives up to my expectations as I need something warm in my body I am so tired of being cold!!
xxx

Thanks for the well done message,
the soup is lovely, I put 300ml of water, lipotrim powder and a shake of black pepper/chilli flakes and blend for about 30/40 seconds, bob it in a bowl with a cover on (sandwich bag etc) put it in the microwave for 3 and a half mins, ....perfect but red hot soup with no lumps.
It feels like you are having a meal rather than just a smoothie all the time.

Well done on your current weight loss, keep it up.

xx

Back